Nitrous/WOT/TPS install help!!

xcobra04x

New mustang being built..
Established Member
The car is a 2004 mustang GT.
I've searched and searched on many websites. Called many distributers, companys and called many of friends. I'm about 5/8ths of the way done installing the whole nitrous system, nitrous gauges, wideband, raptor. I'm stuck on the window switch and TPS switch. I have the instructions but, window switch instrustions does'nt say where I hook up the wires too? All I can come up with is the window switch wiring instructions looks a lot like the same thing as the nitrous wiring instructions except for the fact the harness plug is intact with the relay on the nitrous wiring instructions. Do you have to splice into the wires coming from the harness plug in the same pin numbers?
Nitrous wiring instuctions
DSCN0089.jpg

Window switch instructions
DSCN0090.jpg

Together pics
DSCN0091.jpg

Also, I bought the raptor shift light and it needs to be spliced into the Tach input wire, and on the window switch, it also needs to be hooked up to the tach input wire. Can I put the window switch wire and the raptor wire together to make one and splice it into the tach input wire or do I have to do them seprately but still into the tach input wire? I assume there is only one tach input wire in the ECC box right? I know that I need to ground everything seprately to keep from over charging the one fuse.

Raptor install instuctions
Raptor Performance-Shift Light Install Info-Mustang 99-04

My other question is how can I find a 12 volt source? I have a multi-meter but still I need to know where to find a 12 volt source? I would like to find one when the car is ONLY in the (ON) mode, after you have started the car.
I know about www.TechGuys.ca | How to: Find 12 volt source in a car and that does help, but I can't get to my ignition.
Can I use the same 12 volt source for all the same switchs or will the probably blow a fuse?
I'll probably have to call DynoTune on Monday and ask them, but would love to see/hear any feedback on what yall SVTP'ers have gone threw or know about these type of questions. Thanks again.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
can you use one 12v source for all switches??

well what switches do you have?? I have the Dynotune 2-1/16" Nitrous center w/ one 12v source going to it and everything has worked fine for 3 years.

finding a 12v source. Im bad at this too. you either A) run a new wire from the battery but its not "key on only". Or look at your fuse box under the dash. I think I had one or maybe two slots that were wired but not used on my car and I used those.

the Raptor has to go to the wire by the pcm...easiest. I believe the directions right from Raptor tell you exactly what wire?

the window switch...same thing...has to go to the tach signal. some have had luck...some havent. not sure what the deal is there though.

xcobra04x

New mustang being built..
Established Member
can you use one 12v source for all switches??

well what switches do you have?? I have the Dynotune 2-1/16" Nitrous center w/ one 12v source going to it and everything has worked fine for 3 years.

finding a 12v source. Im bad at this too. you either A) run a new wire from the battery but its not "key on only". Or look at your fuse box under the dash. I think I had one or maybe two slots that were wired but not used on my car and I used those.

the Raptor has to go to the wire by the pcm...easiest. I believe the directions right from Raptor tell you exactly what wire?

the window switch...same thing...has to go to the tach signal. some have had luck...some havent. not sure what the deal is there though.

Thanks, The switches would be the nitrous arm switch, and the bottle heater.

The wires that are needed to go to a 12 volt source are the arm switch, bottle heater switch, raptor shift light, dyno tune nitrous gauge, window swithc etc.

Do I splice in the wires from the window switch to the nitrous wires or is that the part you were un-forsure about? Thanks for the help and advice!!! :)

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Thanks, The switches would be the nitrous arm switch, and the bottle heater.

The wires that are needed to go to a 12 volt source are the arm switch, bottle heater switch, raptor shift light, dyno tune nitrous gauge, window swithc etc.

Do I splice in the wires from the window switch to the nitrous wires or is that the part you were un-forsure about? Thanks for the help and advice!!! :)

no splicing.....run each wire seperately to the tach signal.

no purge?

Users who are viewing this thread