Off topic threads

b_tone

East bound and down!!!!
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
What? You can't find a Taco Bell!?!? :fart: :poke: :lol: :xpl:

coming from the man the calls that swill you drink "beer" :)xpl: ), i take your idea of tacos from taco bell with a grain of salt. Taco Tuesday is nearly 34734% better than taco bell.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Hey Ken, get inside, will ya ? :poke:

vert1.roque.irpt.jpg

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
ac427cobra said:
Wouldn't that be "new ride".

I am ashamed that you would infer that Ken would take advantage of young women. :-D

Those young ladies are his highly qualified staff assistants. They are certified collector car appraisers, Wharton-educated financiers, nutritional experts, and physical activity trainers.

Their slender figures had nothing to do with his decision to add them to his staff. Ken is a man known for his forbearance, fortitude, prudence, temperance, integrity, loyalty, honor, and generosity. In fact, his resume is so spotless, he is unqualified to seek political office. ;-)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Daytona finish

That was a pretty exciting finish to the race today. I think this was the first time EVAR that I cheered for a Chevy to win. Two reasons! I wanted Mark Martin to win The Daytona 500 and I had his name in the pool! :coolman:

Kurt Busch greased my palm with a cool $20.00 for leading mid-point of the race and I could have made it a clean sweep and had another $66.00 (for go fast stuff) if Martin could have held off that ass wipe Harvick! :kaboom: :cuss: :cryying:

Oh well, I most likely won't be watching another NECKCAR race until the boys roll into Watkins Glen this Summer.

Won't it be interesting when those Toyota haulers roll into Talladega and Texas for the "Good 'Ol Boys" :pop: :pepper:

:thumbsup::coolman: :beer:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Did you catch the comments in the pre-race show when they mentioned the Toyota Camry (which has been taking flak for being non-american) is the only car represented in NASCAR that is actually made in the US? I thought that was hilariuous.

Brian

Mike H

I Took My Own Avatar Pic
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
That was a pretty exciting finish to the race today. I think this was the first time EVAR that I cheered for a Chevy to win.

I was conflicted also. I've been a long time Martin fan. I'm not so sure, now that he's gone to the dark side :shrug:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Cobra-R said:
Toyota Camry is the only car represented in NASCAR that is actually made in the US?
I didn't realize that. The Fusion is made in Mexico while the Monte Carlo and Charger are made in Canada.

Mike H said:
I was conflicted also. I've been a long time Martin fan.
I wasn't. I was hoping Mark's car would throw a rod and let Matt and Gilliland go for the win. Of course, Matt was wrecked and Happy Harvick went to the front from nowhere.

The first 150 laps were so boring that I worked on my taxes. The last 27 laps were interesting. :burnout: Ragan looked good in Mark's old car (5th).

I was cheering for Boris to win it all. He did get a 14th place finish which should help fund another day for his team.

I do support the new Roush-Fenway team. Roush's new partner must be a good guy (John Henry, a money manager ;-) ).

ac427cobra said:
Won't it be interesting when those Toyota haulers roll into Talladega and Texas for the "Good 'Ol Boys"
I don't know, Bruce. Toyota did open up that big truck factory in Texas. I doubt the good old boys in Alabama would much care. There has never been an American vehicle manufacturer in AL (they do make a Benz there).
Welcome to Tuscaloosa County Alabama, U.S.A, and the factory where the 2nd generation M-Class and the newest members of our Mercedes-Benz line, the R-Class and the GL-Class are manufactured.

I would expect that Toyota may not receive a warm welcome in Michigan and a few other northern cities. That is where all of the jobs were lost to Toyota.

I think this was the first time EVAR that I cheered for a Chevy to win.
Uh oh, does this mean you'll soon be driving a Special Edition Dale Jr. Monte Carlo? How 'bout one of them new Silverado's? :D

I welcome the Toyota's. It's just another car to beat up on. I never did cheer for those German cars (Dodge Charger's). If I bought a German car, it would be one of them sporty things:

911S.gif

:read:
;-)

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Cobra-R said:
Did you catch the comments in the pre-race show when they mentioned the Toyota Camry (which has been taking flak for being non-american) is the only car represented in NASCAR that is actually made in the US? I thought that was hilariuous.

Brian

As usual they are only half right. Most high content Camry's are imported from Japan.

In the end does it really matter. I watched half the race and was having a REALLY tough time telling what the make of any car was on the track. I really don't see the value in supporting that type of racing from a manufacturers position anymore. I wonder how much Pontiacs sales were hurt when they pulled out of NASCAR?

Cobra-R

Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
As usual they are only half right. Most high content Camry's are imported from Japan.

In the end does it really matter. I watched half the race and was having a REALLY tough time telling what the make of any car was on the track. I really don't see the value in supporting that type of racing from a manufacturers position anymore. I wonder how much Pontiacs sales were hurt when they pulled out of NASCAR?

I agree................, but some of the hardcore fans seem to be having issues with it.

Look on the bright side, I am sure Toyota's carburated V8 engine sales will really pickup now. :bs:

Brian

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
93SVTCobra said:
I really don't see the value in supporting that type of racing from a manufacturers position anymore. I wonder how much Pontiacs sales were hurt when they pulled out of NASCAR?

:shrug:

I don't have a clue. I guess the folks in Dearborn think that they get some sort of value from the brand recognition in the NASCAR races? I guess Toyota thought it was important since they entered NASCAR (and gave their teams a bunch of money)?

Brand equity is the value built-up in a brand. It is measured based on how much a customer is aware of the brand. The value of a company's brand equity can be calculated by comparing the expected future revenue from the branded product with the expected future revenue from an equivalent non-branded product. This calculation is at best an approximation. This value can comprise both tangible, functional attributes and intangible, emotional attributes.

I don't know. Would you suggest a complete pullout from NASCAR?

I know I am a Ford fan since the days I was a young lad (~1910 ;-) , but I'm still younger than Bruce). I remember reading about those GT40's dominating LeMans and those Cobra's and Shelbys which dominated sports car racing. That money was well spent in that I've bought many Fords through the years.

I have no idea if the younger generation cares about it. I am glad that Ford still supports racing.

93Rwanted

Established Member
on the topic of toyota in nascar.....do any of you guys know what engine toyota is running???? are they using another manufacturers engine or did they go aout and design their own???? im no toyota fan or expert,,but they dont have a pushrod V8 do they????ive been wondering this any help,,thanks jack

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
93Rwanted said:
on the topic of toyota in nascar.....do any of you guys know what engine toyota is running???? are they using another manufacturers engine or did they go aout and design their own???? im no toyota fan or expert,,but they dont have a pushrod V8 do they????ive been wondering this any help,,thanks jack

They HAVE a pushrod V-8. Without one, they wouldn't be able to run.

I have no clue what it's out of. When it comes to rice, I think it's ok to eat if you're at a Bennihana's??! ;-) :lol: :p

95R#177

Established Member
Moving

To my friends here, I'll be moving to North Little Rock, Arkansas next month. I may not be able to visit regularly for awhile. Maybe I will see Tom and some others at the SAAC meet at Hallet in Tulsa? I will also have to look into NASA parcipitation there.

Users who are viewing this thread