Off topic threads

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
95R#177 said:
To my friends here, I'll be moving to North Little Rock, Arkansas next month.

Congrats! You'll move from a place where it freezes during winter to a place where you can go fishing in the winter.

beer.gif

Please enjoy the fishing.

Since I know Bruce really wants to know, I present him with pictures of his new dream car: The Corvette SS:

SS.gif

SSa.gif

600+ HP ;-)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
1995COBRA-R said:
Since I know Bruce really wants to know, I present him with pictures of his new dream car: The Corvette SS:

Doc:

95% of them will No Doubt have slow drivers in them!?! :poke: ;-) :lol: :p

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
95R#177 said:
To my friends here, I'll be moving to North Little Rock, Arkansas next month. I may not be able to visit regularly for awhile. Maybe I will see Tom and some others at the SAAC meet at Hallet in Tulsa? I will also have to look into NASA parcipitation there.

Shane,

Sounds good. See you at Tulsa.:pepper:

Tom

sdfrog177

Established Member
Hope this qualifies for the "Off Topic" thread section. Has anyone in here ever sold a US car to someone who lives in Canada? If so any legal stipulations that would be nice to know about. IE: said Canadian purchases US car then tries bringing it to across the border. What could go wrong and come back to haunt the US seller 2 years down the road?
Thanks,
Ty

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
It's always a good sign when you have to open the shop doors to warm up the shop!!!

Today, Spring Fever has officially hit! And I'm far from ready for the event in just over 4 weeks. :eek: But the good news is we are headed to the greatest single concentration of Corvettes on the Planet! :pepper: :rockon:

Oh, my bad! I should be a little more considerate of our GM Brethren! :thumbsup:

It's going to be a good time! No Doubt! :thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

scottmartin

lets get ready to rumble!
Established Member
spring??

OK,, you started it. Today is supposed to be 77 in Kansas City. Next track event is March 23-25 at Heartland park. Get em ready to go!! :coolman: :coolman:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Cant scratch the open track itch yet? 12 hours of Sebring is on SPEED today, thousands of Nascar fans and rednecks are going to be having withdrawals as there will be no NASCAR, Monster trucks or bobsledding (I honestly dont know nor even care why SPEED carries bobsledding) on SPEED for the entire afternoon and part of this evening!!! Its a rare occurance be sure to tune in.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
scottmartin said:
OK,, you started it. Today is supposed to be 77 in Kansas City. Next track event is March 23-25 at Heartland park. Get em ready to go!! :coolman: :coolman:

Scott,
Im almost ready to go but I have this funny feeling that Ive forgotten something. :shrug:
DSC01266-1.gif

:lol:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Speaking of getting to the track where is the thread with the events for the summer? I haven't seen one in here or the open track section. Someone really needs to start one, I just don't know enough to start it myself.

I'm signed up for Gingerman with SVTOA in July so far.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
BlackBolt9 said:
Speaking of getting to the track where is the thread with the events for the summer? I haven't seen one in here or the open track section. Someone really needs to start one, I just don't know enough to start it myself.

I'm signed up for Gingerman with SVTOA in July so far.

Tom:

I'm taking most of the Summer off! ;-) :p

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
BlackBolt9 said:
Thats one of the funniest things I've heard today:lol::lol1:
It's true.

ac427cobra said:
I'm taking most of the Summer off!
He was talking about taking the summer off from work. Alas, he hasn't worked during the summer since Led Zeppelin was touring (the first tour :-D ). If the track is open, he'll be there.

Led.jpg

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
1995COBRA-R said:
It's true.

If the track is open, he'll be there.

I'll be there opening weekend on the 14th.

We have compiled a collection of Cobras awaiting to converge on the second largest congregation of Corvettes in the Continental United States. This is second only to the National Corvette Convention. These Cobras will compete against this crowd of Corvettes and form a conga line which will create confusion for the Corvette crowd. This will compel us to do it over and over until the day is completed. Then we will repeat on the second consecutive day until we either consume all of our brakes, tires or fuel. Whichever comes first! :pepper:

;-) :lol: :p

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
ac427cobra said:
These Cobras will compete against this crowd of Corvettes and form a conga line which will create confusion for the Corvette crowd.
That sounds like fun.

You need to watch out for those plastic pigs. They can take you out with them.

66Z06.gif

You should also watch out for the burning ones. It's hard to get the smell out of your racing suit.

Z06b.gif

Have fun. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Spent the day with Ross Bentley with a few fellow Windy City BMW Instructors

I drove down to Chitown today to sit in on an all day presentation put on by Ross Bentley to revamp the entire Windy City BMW Driving School Program! :coolman: Ross Bentley is a VERY cool guy. Extremely personable as well. For those of you that have never met him, he kinda looks a LOT like Simon Cowell from American Idol. Fortunately he's NOTHING like him though!!

Mind you, The Windy City BMW Club already had one of the best driving school programs I've ever experienced from both a student and an instructor standpoint. He presented the Club with a newly revamped classroom Power Point presentation for all three student levels. In-car instructors will be linked with the curriculum the students are learning in the classroom so everyone will be on the same page. We covered MANY aspects of teaching along with execution of good driving habits. Several discussions covered much material on advanced driving techniques as well. About 8 total hours were spent on this project not including our breaks. It was a long day, but certainly not boring at all.

Just thought I'd share!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Very nice!! Im a fan and avid reader of Ross Bentleys Speed Secrets series. The main reason that I like them is that they're great books with lots of useful info but not so big that I get lost in reading them.

Warp03Cobra

Community Racers
Established Member
Very Cool!!!

I agree about Speed Secrets by Ross Bentley. The series of books contains possibly the most useful information possible for a race driver.

Evan

Users who are viewing this thread