Off topic threads

kevin

ac427cobra said:
Tom:

Sorry I missed this. A camera that records directly to DVD will not work in a car.

You'll need to go to mini-dv digital tape.

FWIW,

Bruce

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

which is what i use for everyday stuff (chase cam for in car)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
ac427cobra said:
Tom:

Sorry I missed this. A camera that records directly to DVD will not work in a car.

You'll need to go to mini-dv digital tape.

FWIW,

Bruce

I guess I will have to update this. Mike has a new direct to DVD recording camera and it was working well at the Glen this past week! :-D

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Watkins Glen

The Georgia rednecks raced Watkins Glen last weekend.

Thankfully, this redneck got the race car back without a scratch (thanks to Bruce's videos).

Unfortunately, a team member decided to T-bone another team member in the boot during the final race (he should have watched the videos). The black car was torn apart and will need a complete front clip. The white car had NASCAR door bars and a rollbar tube running down low on the rocker. It should buff out after a new door is installed.

Jerry3.jpg

Edit: Thank you, Mason. You are our bodyguard (he is the big guy; if we wreck 'em, Mason just throws 'em up into the trailer to take it home and fix 'em) and a great paddock mechanic. We couldn't do this without you and Paul (not pictured). Those Porsche guys get a little upset when we trade paint with their carbon fiber body parts. :LOL:

Bill3.jpg

Last edited:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
NJ2000R said:
its only money! :lol:
Ken,
We can't take it with us and just think how fast we'll pretend to be when we move into the retirement home!

My co-drive:
Dick07e.gif

The black car on a trailer (it wouldn't go into the enclosed rig):
Jerry4.jpg

The Mustangs (vintage is Mustangs versus Porches):
39bp.gif

530.gif

197.gif

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I almost forgot about David's car. The guy is focused. I sent him Bruce's video of WG. David had never seen WG. He watched Bruce's video at least a hundred times (his estimate; I think he watched it more than that). He clocked a 2:18 in his first session. :eek: They called me the Slowski (I did a 2:25, and I'd broken a car there before).

David's GT350:
David3.gif

David and his kind and beautiful wife have a recycling business that keeps our environment safe.
http://www.girpreciousmetals.com

My excuse (and I'm sticking with it): I was co-driving another person's car (you'll quickly get fired when you break someone else's car on the Thursday test day). The owner of my car (Dick) allowed me to stay in his beautiful lake house on Keuka Lake (beautiful area...in the summer). Keuka is just west of Seneca Lake.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
1993R said:
You are living the high life once again...........
Nah, I'm just following Bruce's lead: Not wasting time doing a lot of work. You should try it.

BTW, I'll also volunteer to co-drive your car at Road America. I'll even volunteer to buy you some new race tires. :D When do I pick it up?

1993R

Established Member
Hmmm..... tempting offer Doc but we will have to shoot for next year :) Right now I'm trying to close on a new Peterbilt to add to the fleet.........

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Joke

After waiting several minutes and at risk of losing their tee time, the three notice an oddball standing by the clubhouse all by himself, carrying a bag of clubs.

The three of them look at each other, shrug their shoulders and figure, "Why not?"

They ask the stranger if he would like to play with them, and he agrees. While playing on a green, one guy asks, "So, what do you do for a living?"

The guy responds, "I'm a hit man."

Not believing him, they begin to laugh.

"No, I'm not kidding," he replies. "Take a look at my sniper rifle here in my bag. I charge $1,000 every time I pull the trigger." The three golfers begin admiring the rifle and the huge scope that is on top. The first guy jokingly says, "I bet I can see my house from here with that thing!"

As a friendly gesture, the hit man hands him the gun and says "Here, take a look."

The first guy takes the gun and looks toward his house through the scope, just past the next hole.

"Hey!" he yells while looking through the scope. "My wife is naked with the neighbor and they are kissing!"

He asks the hit man, "How much for you to pull the trigger?" The hit man replies, "$1,000, just like I said."

The guy then yells, "OK, I'll go for $2,000 worth -- I want you to shoot my neighbor's balls off for screwing around with my wife, and I want you to shoot my wife in her mouth for always nagging me!"

With that, the hit man takes his rifle, loads it, and takes aim toward the guy's house.

He is sitting there for a long time, just looking through the scope.

The guy yells, "What the hell are you waiting for?"

The hit man says, "Hold on a sec -- I think I can save you a thousand bucks...."

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
FOR SALE - REZNOR gas furnace

I bought this late 04, used for two winters in a vacant 9000 sq. ft. building, to keep the sprinkler pipes from freezing. Was suspended from the ceiling and vented thru the roof.
Paid $1500 new plus installation. Asking $900, can deliver within one hour of Leominster, Mass., 01453

Specs:

Reznor, Mercer Pa.

Unit Heater NRTL

Category III

Model UDAP 300 , Nov. 2004

Serial # BDK79Y3N61004X

115 VOLTS 1 PH 60 HZ

MAXIMUM TOTAL INPUT 11 AMPS

TYPEOF GAS - NATURAL

FOR USE AT 0 - 2000 FT
0 - 610 METERS OF ALTITUDE

NORMAL INPUT 300,000 BTU/HR

THERMAL OUTPUT CAPACITY 249,000 BTU/HR

MINIMUM INPUT 210,000 BTU/HR

36" WIDE, 41" DEEP, 35" HIGH

Heater.gif

HeaterII.gif

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Of course, I had to add another car to the Doc Stable. I am very impressed. The car is a great daily driver. It has the 3:55 axle and the Bullitt-type wheels were added by the original dealer (I'm the second owner---no sales tax in GA). I am looking forward to getting it up on jack stands and seeing what is going on underneath. In the meantime, I really like the car.

The new car in the stable:

07GT.jpg

Last edited:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Here is a gorgeous car that I was supposed to also co-drive at Road America. Unfortunately, the engine lost a cam lob (requiring an engine transplant). Then the tranny blew up... I never sat in the seat on race day....now the car is sold (but I'm still available :-D )

GJ-1.gif

GJa.gif

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
1995COBRA-R said:
Of course, I had to add another car to the Doc Stable. I am very impressed. The car is a great daily driver. It has the 3:55 axle and the Bullitt-type wheels were added by the original dealer (I'm the second owner---no sales tax in GA). I am looking forward to getting it up on jack stands and seeing what is going on underneath. In the meantime, I really like the car.

The new car in the stable:

07GT.jpg

Doc:

Is that your second S-197 vehicle? :shrug:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Someone posted this up in the GT500 Forum tonight

Streetpwr281 said:
Being a Ford diehard its sacrilage for me to even discuss owning a Corvette and a Mustang! There is a better chance I'd have Osama Bin Laden over for dinner than park a Cheby in my garage - LOL. Z06 is a great car with tremendous power and lightweight. But for me that just sets the bar that much higher in terms of modifications to my GT-500 so I'm ready when a chance meeting occurs. ;)

I think that pretty much says it all for some of us?

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
ac427cobra said:
Is that your second S-197 vehicle? :shrug:

It is my first S197 car. I did order one just after Ford started taking orders for the car (~2005?). I ordered it from a Ford dealer that I had done business with for many years (having bought 9 cars/trucks). They never called me. I later called them a few times requesting information on the arrival of the car, and no one would ever return any of my calls. IMO, the car came in, and they sold it to someone else (for a premium to what my deal was).

It's an obvious conclusion that I will never order (and then buy) another car or truck from them. I can't imagine why someone would forgo a long-term relationship with a customer over a small one-time profit.

Nonetheless, it worked out to my benefit. I found a low mileage car that was exactly as I ordered one-- but for $4,500 less money.

It's a great road car. It's comfortable, has a nice ride (important in my middle age :-D ), has the usual Mustang low-cost of maintenance, is reasonably quick, and is very well engineered and assembled. I find it to be the best grand touring car for the money.

ac427cobra said:
I think that pretty much says it all for some of us?
Being a Ford diehard its sacrilage for me to even discuss owning a Corvette and a Mustang!

I do not think that is unusual. Most of the car guys that I know are brand-loyal; they simply stick with their one brand.

The Corvette racers that I know concentrate on GM products. They have a Corvette race car, a couple of Corvette street cars, and have GM support vehicles (GM tow truck and the wife has a Solice, or a GM SUV, or whatever). It's unusual to see them shopping for any Ford product.

The Porsche guys are no different. They wouldn't be caught dead in a Mustang or a Corvette. They race a Porsche and have a few other Porsches in their warehouse:
Scott.jpg

Have you ever seen a Ferrari guy drive a Mustang to his annual Concours D'Elegance? :poke:

Some of us are in the minority. We seek to stick our butt in every fast car that we can find (and afford; no wine sipping Concours for me).

I don't know a thing about the Mormon faith, but I am curious about that multiple wife thing. ;-) Why stay with just one wife when you could have nine or ten? [Don't quote me, or I'll suffer from a old fashion homemade whopping :bash: ]

I did make an offer on this car. It could be the first foreign car that I've ever owned. :dw:

73RS.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread