Ported Throttle Body Testing

vtecthis349pony

IRS Assassin
Established Member
Mine hasn't been on the car long enough to settle down. How many miles are on yours? If there aren't many then just drive it and see if it settles down. It could take 200 to 250 miles for it to do so. Also where did you buy it?

over 2k miles... pulled it off very unhappy (WITH THE RPM)... said i could return it for new one still have not done it (over a year by now...)

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
over 2k miles... pulled it off very unhappy (WITH THE RPM)... said i could return it for new one still have not done it (over a year by now...)

Tell me there is a fix!

Don't take this the wrong way but it sounds like you just never sent it in to Dragon for a new one when he told you to.

Other than that try the idle screw and see if it will calm down a little.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member

Your tuner can settle it down for you also while on the dyno. I Bought mine used here off the board 2 years ago and have had it on 2 cars with no issues at all.

racebronco2

Established Member
Mine hasn't been on the car long enough to settle down. How many miles are on yours? If there aren't many then just drive it and see if it settles down. It could take 200 to 250 miles for it to do so. Also where did you buy it?

After about 100 miles my idle is down to about 850. Thanks brian.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
yea mine idle`s @ 2k on start up & then idle`s down to 1K then stays there it was sticking when it would get into the throttle & got that fixed i but a return spring on

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
When to the website. No love for 99/01 Cobras?

I'm sorry but at the present time I do not offer anything for them. Dragon's throttle bodies and plenums is about it. If it's got an Eaton on it though.....:beer:

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
Brian, Those number are truly shocking between the Accufab and the Stocker...

I am sure there is a good difference stock to stock, but wow ported to ported is insaine.

What timing are you running and fuel at the time if you don't mind?

After the E85/Auto I am going to have to break down and get a dragon..... :kicks rocks:

GrowinupMX

Established Member
Non Ported Stock tb/plenum

Peak was down 27hp and the torque was down 16ft. lbs compared to the Ported Dragon Peaked at about 5,800 also.

So the non ported stock peaked at 491hp? That means the ported stocker picked up 12hp compared to the non ported stocker? If my math is right those numbers should be very close so now my real question is will a ported stocker pick up anything much on my non ported eaton? It is pullied and boltons. I'm wanting my TB/PL ported now and the eaton ported sometime this winter. Thanks for any input.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
So the non ported stock peaked at 491hp? That means the ported stocker picked up 12hp compared to the non ported stocker? If my math is right those numbers should be very close so now my real question is will a ported stocker pick up anything much on my non ported eaton? It is pullied and boltons. I'm wanting my TB/PL ported now and the eaton ported sometime this winter. Thanks for any input.

It might pick up 4 or 5hp or so. If you use us you can easily do the tb/plenum combo now and we do not need it back to match your blower to it this winter. It'll be port matched without you sending it back in. One nice thing about the CNC is it always does things the same way.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Any reason why my unmolested Dragon sees a peak of 18 and holds to rev. limiter over the ported unit used in this exercise?

What pulley combo are you running? My Eaton is maxed out with the 2.9/6lb combo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread