Ported Throttle Body Testing

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
What would it cost to port my stock t/b for my Whipple? Also would I need to open up the inlet openings also?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^$60 plus shipping back to you.

Your inlet will not need any work.

Thanks

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
Brian is it worth it to port my stock TB on a T76 car? PM me the cost because while the motor is out i want to do some little things....i like the drivability of the stocker

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Do you have info on the gt500 TB and elbow HP gains stock vs port?

No I'm sorry we do not. I'd guess around the same 10hp easily as the 03/04 stock throttle body nonported to ported.

I'm sorry I missed this post as well.

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
Have you done or seen any testing on Whipple cars using a stock or ported stock tb and then switching to a BBK twin 65 or ported BBK twin 65 if so what gains have you saw?

Thanks.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^I'm sorry but I haven't seen anything on that. If it were me and a ported stock throttle body and a PORTED BBK were sitting side by side I'd go with the BBK unit myself.

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
I have a BBK on mine a buddy of mine has the same set up as me but with a ported stock TB but he does have a ported BBK to use but he cant decide if its worth using. He thinks he may have some driveablity issues with it. At 19 psi how much of a restriction would you say a ported stocker is?

matt87

Established Member
just goes to show how good a ported stocker can be. imagine the savings of money by porting something you already have. not paying for the dragon or accufab then paying again to port them. i guess if your gunning for every last hp its worth it but i'm all set for a street car. oh and no messed up idle issues you see way to often with sbtb. thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread