Pro 5.0 Shifter 3rd Gear Reach - FIXED

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
EDIT:

INSTALL POINTER: As another member suggested you can add another set of washers at the shifter lever to make the plates perfectly parallel. In my pics you can see they are skewed some due to the handle and shifter lever being different thicknesses.

TEMPLATES ADDED BELOW:

In fractions of inches:
In decimals of inches:
Added more aggressive handle angles. These are 6 degrees more slant. They will increase throw distance slightly but offer even more slant towards driver. These will be good for shorter people

In fractions of inches:
In decimals of inches:

FOLDER WITH ALL FILES HERE:
Pro 5.0 Shifter - Google Drive

BE SURE TO PRINT THEM WITH PRINT SCALING SET TO NONE

I thought of this plate idea awhile back. During some searching I saw another member actually used to sell a plate to move the shifter. I wanted mine to be in the center of the shifter well though instead of offset to one side. So I bought some 1/8" thick x 2" wide steel flat bar. After some grinding and drilling I came up with this and it works wonderfully:

IMAG0585.jpg

Had to grind off some of the shifter handle to keep it from hitting the back of the shifter on gears 2 & 4.
IMAG0584.jpg

IMAG0586.jpg

IMAG0587.jpg

It's hard to tell in the pic but there is about 1/4" of play under the back of the handle to the shifter base.
IMAG0589.jpg

This is 3rd gear now!!
IMAG0597.jpg

Neutral
IMAG0598.jpg

4th gear
IMAG0599.jpg

It's solid as a rock and I love the fact that the handle is still short. I'm 6'-0 with long arms but I was tired of being up on the wheel just to be able to reach the gears.

Last edited:

earico

Established Member
I thought about the tri-ax but I really wanted to keep the shorter handle. I don't like how tall the tri-ax is.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I have the tri-ax, I think it needs these, did you make extras? :) I'm 5'9" so my reach is even less.

earico

Established Member
I drew it in cad before I did it. Then I printed it out to use it as a template.

Last edited:

gamebred26

Established Member
whats the foam stuffed in there? just for the grinding you did or you leave that there..also does everyone put that plate with the rubber dust boot back on or leave it off?? the one that is PIA to get the 4 bolts off of...

earico

Established Member
whats the foam stuffed in there? just for the grinding you did or you leave that there..also does everyone put that plate with the rubber dust boot back on or leave it off?? the one that is PIA to get the 4 bolts off of...

The foam is something the previous owner put under the boot to cut down on noise. Most people reuse the boot.

Last edited:

Jad G

Broke but fast
Established Member
Yes please post this template, as I'd love to do something like this. I'm 6'1 with chimp arms and it seems even to me that 3rd and 5th are still too far. I have the seat all the way back and leaned a bit but that's just how I'm comfortable. This would be a handy mod and I think i have a piece of metal just like that in the scrap metal bucket in the garage.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
lol you just opened a can of worms with this...

And I had a spacer made by a member on here. Like half and inch of milled aluminum and moved it back and inch and over half an inch.

Fit was perfect.

earico

Established Member
Here's the link to the template

For those that I sent templates, I expect a full report on how it turned out. :beer:

Last edited:

earico

Established Member
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED!!!! thanks my short ass has a hard time reaching 3rd and 5th but i like the way the pro50 shifts perfect comprimise cant wait to do this!

Hey you're welcome! Just post your results in this thread after you get it done.

Users who are viewing this thread