Pro Touring 1979 Pace Car build

69clark

Established Member
Yup, Dan said it.

1553-SPARCO-CHRONO-ROAD-SEAT.jpg

69clark

Established Member
Small update:

After a being busy with a bunch of other things, I finally got out to the garage today. Just been a busy month with other things besides the car. Got the frame rail notched, the lower torque box reinforced and all welded up. Finally got the tub welded in place. I also dressed the welds and cleaned up all the edges (after I took the pics below). Crappy pics but but now this week I can seam seal everything and get some paing on it and then get the other side done starting probably next weekend.

tubbing2.jpg

tubbing1.jpg

69clark

Established Member
Small update:

So I got got chance to spend a few hours in the garage today, so with the drivers side tub finished I moved to the passenger side. I got the floor and many of the unnecessary brackets cut out and the frame and torque box notched and worked on cutting a trimming the tub to fit. Doesn't look like much but it's a few hours worth of work to get everything fitting nice.

Now next time I get out there I just have to cut the steel and weld it into the frame notch and the lower torque box like I did on the drivers side. And then weld in the tub.

Image if I ever got a full day in the garage, LOL. Although I must say this side was 100 times easier and faster than the drivers side, well because I have already done it once and know just about where everything needs to be cut or modified.

Onto the pics. Sorry cell pics again.

Floor cut, frame and torque box notched/cut.
dae164e8.png

Tub being trimmed and test fitted.
b23a7289.png

1744bc03.png

Boss75

Shoot first
Established Member
I love this build! I drove a 79 5.0 for 6 some odd years when I was younger. Subbing to see it finished.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

blecoupe89

Sprayin for 10's
Established Member
Excellent build! Should look great when done..

Remember to Lizard Skin those tubs...it will sound like a tin can if you don't:)

Users who are viewing this thread