Pro Touring 1979 Pace Car build

95riosnake

Established Member
I just realized something Tom, you posted a picture thread of a car you own and haven't gotten flamed even once, that's a first for SVTP lol :D

69clark

Established Member
UPDATE. Had today off from work so I finally got the other tub in and the last of the torque box reinforcement plates welded up.

PaceCar_minitubs097.jpg

PaceCar_minitubs100.jpg

Just quickly shot them with some paint to keep them from rusting until I get the sound deadening material in and the dress and finish the wheel wheels. Sorry for the pic quality.

PaceCar_minitubs107.jpg

PaceCar_minitubs112.jpg

Then I started to disassemble the front suspenion. This is the last time to see the stock stuff up front. The tublular k member and a arms will be here this week. Then I can mockup the 13" Alcon brakes and RaceCraft drop spindles and measure for my custom front wheels.
PaceCar_minitubs095.jpg

PaceCar_minitubs105.jpg

I ordered an engine support bar to hold the engine up when I change the k member next weekend. The support bar should be here this week as will the front suspension components.

I also ordered the fuel cell. I went with a 19 gallon aluminum RCI cell. That should be here this week too.

I am supposed to get the mocked up narrowed rearend in two weeks or so, then I can measure for my custom rear wheels. I also ordered BMR adjustable uppers to set the pinion angle and steeda spherical bearings for the 8.8 housing. All that should be here this week too. I'll keep everyone updated with pics when everything comes in.

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
You know what you need when you go cruising in that Pace Car? Real deal brand new Ford promo 79 Pace Car hats. :coolman:

DSC00884.gif

MountainDew

Do the Dew!
Established Member
Might be kinda cool to replace the three running horses on the side of the car with the updated mustang logo to go with the look of your car, just a thought

1979mustangpacecar.jpg

Ford-Mustang-Logo-lg.jpg

69clark

Established Member
Well some parts came today and as promised here are the pics.

Steeda Spherical bushings. I went with these over other brands as this style uses a solid shaft rather than using spacers that seat into the center. Does it matter? I don't know, but I like the thought of these better. I'm hoping the BMR adjustable uppers show tomorrow.
TeamZ_Kmember_pacecar002.jpg

New temporary mounts to use until next year when I switch to the 4.6 dohc. Hopefully these work with the k member. If not I guess I will have to go with the later style. We'll see.
TeamZ_Kmember_pacecar005.jpg

And last but not least the Team Z k member with 1" shorter arms. Nice peice, but I didn't have any doubts befor ordering it, LOL.
TeamZ_Kmember_pacecar010.jpg

TeamZ_Kmember_pacecar016.jpg

Picture of the coating.
TeamZ_Kmember_pacecar026.jpg

VNGNCE908

VNGNCE
Established Member
Love Team-Z stuff! I just got my upper and lower adjustable control arms from them and they were just as impressive as that K member. This build is going to be epic.

69clark

Established Member
Hope I'm not boring you guys with the parts coming in but I got another brown box today. My RCI 19 gallon cell showed up. I have to do some mods to the cell to run it the way I wan't as I plan to go under the floor and still use the stock filler door location. The 19 gallon with be alot nicer than the 11 or 12 gallon stock tank too.

Later on when I do the 4.6 dohc I can sump this cell if I want. Thats will be later though.
RCIcell_pacecar002.jpg

Set in place and it just barely sticks out the bottom. This about where I want it to sit.
RCIcell_pacecar005.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread