Pro Touring 1979 Pace Car build

69clark

Established Member
Update:

Well not much available for pictures today but I got some very important work done today. I measured and measured again and measured again, but my custom Budnik wheels. With the cost of them I want to do this once and do it right, so I checked and rechecked. I think I have what I need so this week I will be calling Budnik to order the wheels and tires. Then the 6-8 week wait begins.

Just to recap, these are the wheels and the finish I am going with, minus the rivets.
0507sc_14z1962_chevrolet_impalawhee.jpg

95opal

Established Member
WTF is this why i havent gotten my weekend update... Im feelin a bit left out here T. hahahaha 2 months and change kid dont panic yet lol Just make sure to remeasure one more time lol

69clark

Established Member
Update:

So it is official, the custom wheels have been ordered. As long as there are no issues they should be here the first part of May. Long wait now. They are going to do their best to get them sooner, but that is the time estimate they gave me.

Oh, I almost had to go to a 19" front wheel as clearance for the 14" brakes was close, but I am just going to sneak by with the 18's. Which is good because I didn't want to have to go to the 19's if I could help it.

Next update is FedEx finally dropped off a box that I have been waiting for. I couldn't afford it last year so I had to wait till this year.
ridetech_79pacecar001.jpg

Its my air management system from RideTech. I has the new e3 controls and computer. I also got the upgraded Viairr 400 compressor. Should be a sweet setup once installed. Although I have a little time before I get to this point.
ridetech_79pacecar004.jpg

ridetech_79pacecar006.jpg

Last edited:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Those wheels look amazing. I bet it'll be the longest wait of your life. lol
Where is the pump/tank going to go?

6spd

Established Member
nice work man, im puttin a ridetech setup on my 02 saleen clone as well.. using a ridepro e2, the same valve manifold as you, and a 3 gallon tank. the air compressor i have been going back and forth, i was originally going to use a dual 444c setup but im starting to think its overkill, i may just end up using a single 444c or even a 480c and be done with it.

car looks sick man, keep it up

69clark

Established Member
Update:

Well I got a few things done this weekend. First thing is I got the rest of the front suspenion bolted up. Just waiting on new sway bar endlinks and my digital caster camber gauge so I can do my own alignment and then tighten everything for the final time.

I also won't be running the plastic fender liners up front. I so sanded and refinished the inner well wheel area on the passenger side, still have to do the drivers side. Came out really good. Sorry forgot to get pics.

Also, got the front calipers refinished in a gunmetal/charcoal and removed the ROUSH lettering and put my own logo on them (could have it say ROUSH anymore). The stainless brake lines should be here tomorrow for the front calipers.

Before:
3e41bd35.jpg

After:
43435e7f.jpg

fuelcell_79pacecar026.jpg

I also started fabbing up the framework and mounting straps for the 19 gallon RCI fuel cell. When I purchased the cell I got the mounting straps to go with the cell, but fit like crap so I bent up new ones (sorry forgot the picture of them). So here it is, only thing missing is the straps I made that bolt up from the bottom. About have way through the day today the damn power went out so that kept me from getting the holes drilled and bolting them up. Soon I will start fabbing where the fuel fill will come in from the stock location, as I'm not going to be using the fill spout on top as it is shown here.

fuelcell_79pacecar015.jpg

fuelcell_79pacecar027.jpg

fuelcell_79pacecar029.jpg

I think that is about it for now.

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
Awsome build :beer: Wish I had your skills, that looks like a fun way to spend some time. Can't wait for the next update.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Looks like some good progress.
Did you fill and PC the calipers? Love the color.

69clark

Established Member
Looks like some good progress.
Did you fill and PC the calipers? Love the color.

Yup, well except its not PC, there are painted for now. Down the road after I am sure I like the color I will PC them. Just want to be sure first.

Users who are viewing this thread