[Rant/] My first dent (roof)

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
It's a small dent in the roof just above the back of the front seat. I am sure that it can be fixed by a dent repair guy. No paint chip.

I have no clue what hit it. The car had great luck for 20 years. I was gone for maybe one hour. :shrug: There were a few guys flying those drones.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Sorry for the ding. I have my PDR guy on speed dial. He works some serious voodoo magic. As long as there is no chipped paint, it will erase like it never happened. If there is a crease (most likely not), it gets much more challenging, but still can be corrected.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree. It is two little dents with plenty of roof to work with.

My 95R is covered under my collector car policy. It has no deductible. I may just pay it myself.

[Rant/]. State Farm covers my other street vehicles, my home, and my umbrella (extra liability) polices. They hate that that I am saving 50% of my premiums for my old cars. They give me shit every year to prove that I have coverage of my collector cars?

The State of Georgia would suspend my driving license if I didn't. I just send State Farm the paperwork.

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
It's a small dent in the roof just above the back of the front seat. I am sure that it can be fixed by a dent repair guy. No paint chip.

I have no clue what hit it. The car had great luck for 20 years. I was gone for maybe one hour. :shrug: There were a few guys flying those drones.

Thats it, your car is totaled, I'll be down with truck and trailer later this afternoon to pick up the poor thing :D

A PDR shop should be able to repair it for under $150, as the roof is one of the easiest panels for them to repair (90% of the time).

Bill S.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Well, that sucks!

If it is any comfort, I believe one of the the ONLY exterior panels on my ole car that hasn't been replaced is the roof. However, I am confident it may have a little filler on it. So, you win!!!

Tom

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
A PDR shop should be able to repair it for under $150, as the roof is one of the easiest panels for them to repair (90% of the time).
Thanks Bill and good to hear from you.

The damaged area is a good 6" inside from the slant of the roof. I was thinking $150-$200?

If it is any comfort, I believe one of the the ONLY exterior panels on my ole car that hasn't been replaced is the roof. However, I am confident it may have a little filler on it. So, you win!

Yea, Yea. Tom,
You will win.

#2 [/rant] I left the dented car outside next to my old truck while I was thinking about what to do. I was thinking an insurance adjuster may want to see the damage although I never called them.

I always leave my outside cars unlocked. It was the first night that someone looked thru both vehicles in the hope of stealing a computer, iPhone, or something of value.

:coolman: I keep a few cheap sunglasses and nothing of value in my outside cars. ;-)

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I think you should sell it. Beat up and a high crime area. Bill and I will start a bidding war!

Thanks Tom, but you know that my 95R will never be FS. OK, the fuel cell is in my basement--the 95 stock fuel tank works well.

I have the original paperwork. I also have the original paperwork to my 1994 Cobra.

1994 Mustang Cobra with a 1997 Ford truck and going to Sebring:
Sebring1997.jpg

This was almost 20 years ago.

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
I think you should sell it. Beat up and a high crime area. Bill and I will start a bidding war!

Tom

Bidding war, perhaps how much he will pay us to come pick up the poor, abused, broken in, and neglected "R" . Personally, I don't know how he can live with himself, treating the car as he does
:lol: :lol: :lol:

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
That idea might get some traction...especially since the banks are considering charging negative interest rates on deposit accounts...it's becoming a ubiquitous model for the modern economy!

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
That idea might get some traction...especially since the banks are considering charging negative interest rates on deposit accounts...it's becoming a ubiquitous model for the modern economy!

Poor things sits there in the garage, or out in the driveway while Docs other cars get to go to the race track and play. You have to feel so sorry for it, sitting there, unloved and not allowed to play with the other race cars. :D

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Bidding war, perhaps how much he will pay us to come pick up the poor, abused, broken in, and neglected "R" . Personally, I don't know how he can live with himself, treating the car as he does.

Bill,
Thanks for you kind offer, but you will have to buy my 95R from my widow.

I suspect that my fully documented 95R (with an extra set of factory correct sticker tires and wheels) may bring $15K, but it is worth more to me. :)

I drove it this morning since the temperature finally is below 80 degrees in the early morning. It was certainly fun. I'd like to race a stock 1965 Shelby GT350 on a road race course one day. :read: Shelby made twice as many of those cars. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread