• Welcome to SVT Performance!

Rear end..."whirling" noise..

Discussion in 'SVT Shelby GT500' started by iwannacobra5, Mar 25, 2012.

1. iwannacobra5

iwannacobra5 New Member Established Member

I have installed BMR lowering springs, UCA (poly bushings), and mount on my 2010. I've adjusted my pinion to as close to -2 as I think I can get. I'm hearing a faint "whirling" or light rubbing noise coming from my rear end. The faster I go the louder it gets. It's not loud enough to be annoying but I just want to make sure nothing is wrong. I can really hear it when I remove the back seat and take her for a spin.

Have any of you experienced this after a UCA and mount install? Other than this faint noise, everything else seems to be good to go.

Thanks!

2. stkjock

stkjock Corn Powered 900 HP! Established Member

Upgraded suspension=stiffer= more NVH transmission. 'new' noises are common.

3. airmanb2b

airmanb2b New Member Established Member

I picked up a lot of noise as well when I installed the uca/lca's. Even more with the 4.10's. Just get a louder exhaust and crank up the boost. Between the blower scream and exhaust growl, you wont be able to hear that stuff anymore.

4. spitin venom

spitin venom ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Established Member

Hissing/whirling/whining noises are normal. Thumps/rattles/banging noises are not normal.

5. 03 DSG Snake

03 DSG Snake Unknown Cyborg Established Member

I definitely hear a lot more rear end noise with my Steeda UCA and bracket. Thought of laying down some Dynamat under the rear seat around the mounting area.

6. Bad500Chris

Bad500Chris Ace Established Member

I did that, didn't help the NVH very much because the harmonics are vibrating though the whole chassis.
    Definitely made a big difference in the sound of the stock Shaker 1000 (for the better of course)

I upgraded exhaust, and the noise pretty much went away :rockon:

7. 03MUSCLE

03MUSCLE 03 MUSCLE Established Member

Im gettin some whirlinf noises after my Shelby six speed shifter install

8. iwannacobra5

iwannacobra5 New Member Established Member

so the more i think about it, i'm hearing the sound even when the car is idling and in neutral...the higher i rev the higher it gets. although it sounds like the rear end (coming from back there), there shouldn't be movement inside with it out of gear, correct? i may just take it to the dealership and see what they say...