relocation

norcalcobra

Established Member
Looking for some perspective. I have been interviewing recently for new job. I am in the biotech field. Might be able to move to the Denver or Durham area. Both areas are great and both positions will provide an increase for my quality of life. I have been using salary.com and other calculators to check living cost.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Research Triangle Park is a nice place near Durham. Lots of biotech there. I'll take NC weather over Denver any day.

If you like weed then Denver :)

nxhappy

Established Member
do you also live in the satanic state of Kalifornia?

denver still has retarded gun laws. Not sure about NC. too much snow in denver....my choices would be arizona, texas, or nevada.

norcalcobra

Established Member
do you also live in the satanic state of Kalifornia?

denver still has retarded gun laws. Not sure about NC. too much snow in denver....my choices would be arizona, texas, or nevada.
I moved out of CA back in 08. I dont see myselft moving back, I lived there 30+ years.
Texas has crossed my mind. I was trying to buy a Gulf Reef fishing permit a while back.

nxhappy

Established Member
ya, fishing is probably great, off the coast lol. I just read that Amarillo TX is one of the cheapest in the nation as far as cost of living. That might be a good option.

einehund

Established Member
What's with the hate on Colorado? LOL! I loved the 300+ days of sun! Most people aren't aware that a large part of Colorado is desert, which equal lots of sunshine. Denver is pretty stupid about their gun laws, but better than Commiefornia. They also are only one of two municipalities in Colorado that do emissions testing (booooo!). On the flip side, you are 30 minutes away from Ski resorts, 20 minutes away from a national level drag strip, 40 minutes away from a regional road course (check out High Plains Raceway. It is a blast!!). There is an endless supply of outdoor stuff to do. The hunting and fishing is awesome. Camping is pretty much anywhere you want to go. 5 National Parks...
If you can't tell, I can't wait to go back. I have 4 years until retirement and I plan on going back and staying there.

87hatchy

Established Member
I relocated from PA to the Durham area in September. I like it so far, much different than the small town I was living in in PA. TONS of tech jobs down here. Lots of breweries and good places to eat. Haven't really done any "car stuff" down here yet. By the time I got settled in, it was thanksgiving before I knew it, and now its on the verge of christmas so I haven't had time!

I like the weather too. It got cold down here but its still nice out in my opinion, especially when I see family/friends back in PA already buried in snow and their roads covered in salt lol

Stateguy

Established Member
Which company? I work in Raleigh for a company called Grifols in the same position. The Raleigh-Durham area has alot to offer.

barstowpo

Established Member
Also consider your interests and your politics. Both areas have very different mindsets as well as different activities to offer. Pick one as close to your overall likes as possible. As a race fan, I would be all over NC.

Users who are viewing this thread