Removing the lower grille

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
Does anyone know how to remove the lower grille from an '08? There are several tabs and none of them seem to want to let go without a lot of prying. I just don't want to damage the bumper cover (of course).

Thanks for any links/help/suggestions as always!

JLD

Established Member
I changed my lower grill on my 2008GT 500 it sucks just use more force after you get the first few it will get easier I went trough the same thing

ontheline

Established Member
I just did mine two weekends ago. Pulled the front bumper cover off to do it. My original intent was to do it with the cover on but after pulling it I don't see how that would have been possible. The cover comes off surprisingly easy in less than 30min. The lower grille is an "MFer" to remove. I used about 6 flat bladed screwdrivers to keep pressure on the grille once I released the clips, otherwise it just wants to fall back in place. Shelby apparently had some kind of tool made up to do this when they built the KR's but I was never able to find a picture of it and I would have imagined it required two people to do.

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
What are you doing to the front grill??

Swyped while swerving

I'm trying to install the Shelby Brake Duct bezels... Being that Shelby stuff never comes with directions, I cut the 2.25" holes through the grille, just to find out that the grille has to be removed to "trim the hole" to 2.5". I tried doing it while still attached but that is near impossible to do as well. Would have been nice to know before I started the process though. :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread