S/C p71 vs S/C ?!?new edge vs new gt350

bigjeezy04

White Mammoth
Established Member
This was prob the best morning I had in a while lol

I was driving to my shop (12miles HW) in my DD crown Vic and right before the freeway, I looked in my mirror and see a new edge and as he get over to the curb lane I saw a new 5.0 to! Story sucks I know
So I always cover my gauges up with my hand so u can't see them lol so the NEdge pulls up next to me and him and passenger are having a good time right I signal for a pull!
I saw that he had fattys out back and a gauge pillar

First and only pull with the NEdge
60mph roll I beep it off and I instantly pull a car out on him, by the top of second I was about 3 cars on him I left off at 110

He caught back up and he asking my what I have done to the car blah blah I asked him
And really didn't say so the gauges must have been volts and vacuum only lol so I ask him if his buddy wanted any and he said yea go for it good luck lol

First run I wouldn't call it a run tho with the "5.0" he at my back bumper 65mph and I heard him down shift it and jumped on the gas I stayed out in front of him by a car by 105mph

This is where I figure out it was a gt350 when we lined up and I saw the badging on the fender and I'm like holy shit! There anit no way!
So we line up 60mph and I honk if off and we both take off we are dead even I shift into 3 and he pulls on me by 1/4 car and we stay like that intil 120mph! (First race I have lost in the car)

Third race 60mph he missed a shift and I pulled! As he caught back up he rolls his window down and my dumb ass ask if that was a real gt350 and he said yea man and he told me that my car rolls out!

The last race 60mph and he must have been hard of hearing cause after I honked it off I jumped out to a half a car and I stayed there until about 125mph

That's it! Sorry for the boring story
And I know the car prob needed a driver mod blah blah
My mods
04 crown Vic with a tork tech kit with a stock 04 eaton blower & elbow 2.8 pulley making 12lbs , LT headers with full exhaust. J-modded trans and stock 3.27 gears! I have car set in kill mode all the time 11.9 AFRs and I rev it to 6650rpms! Stock 2v motor just blower! I'm on a email tune so no number prob alittle under 420rwhp

bigjeezy04

White Mammoth
Established Member
so, a 420rhwp crown vic stayed about even with a new GT350?

Car needed a driver mod for sure! But I beat lightly modded 5.0s so a 5.2 stang should at least pull on me right? But like I said I don't know how much hp I'm putting down? I'm on my second short block! Lol every pull I do I'm on barrow time

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Car needed a driver mod for sure! But I beat lightly modded 5.0s so a 5.2 stang should at least pull on me right? But like I said I don't know how much hp I'm putting down? I'm on my second short block! Lol every pull I do I'm on barrow time

Supposedly good for 119 traps.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member

You keep blowing it up because you're running to much boost for that thing. You do not need a 2.8 pulley on a stock 2v, dial it back to a 3.4 and you should still be able to crest 400rwhp.

Your car is probably capable of high 12's at the very best, but take it to the track to see. I don't know of many eaton 2v panthers.

bigjeezy04

White Mammoth
Established Member
You keep blowing it up because you're running to much boost for that thing. You do not need a 2.8 pulley on a stock 2v, dial it back to a 3.4 and you should still be able to crest 400rwhp.

Your car is probably capable of high 12's at the very best, but take it to the track to see. I don't know of many eaton 2v panthers.

Go big or go home! Idk care if I blow the motor tho. I rev a stock 2v way past it limits anyways! and I might take it to the track

bigjeezy04

White Mammoth
Established Member
I liked the ride along. How about some pics of the beast?

If u lived closer I would take u for a ride! And its just a 2v with a eaton swap
image.jpeg

badjuicedgt

Established Member
I wouldn't mind going for a ride I am over your way every week on Wednesday usually stop at summit and see what they have back on the clearance racks. I am over in Pittsburgh every Tuesday over night and come across back to defiance on the turnpike, if I was sure it wasn't going to rain or be crappy out I would drive the cobra over that way but 5 hours in it on my way home is a little to much for me. Your car sounds like a bad a$$ car I had a 96 gt auto back in 2000 and had all bolt ons car ran low 11s on 150 shot every time it came off the line it shook like crazy I always waited for the tranny or motor to come apart but it never did.

bigjeezy04

White Mammoth
Established Member
I wouldn't mind going for a ride I am over your way every week on Wednesday usually stop at summit and see what they have back on the clearance racks. I am over in Pittsburgh every Tuesday over night and come across back to defiance on the turnpike, if I was sure it wasn't going to rain or be crappy out I would drive the cobra over that way but 5 hours in it on my way home is a little to much for me. Your car sounds like a bad a$$ car I had a 96 gt auto back in 2000 and had all bolt ons car ran low 11s on 150 shot every time it came off the line it shook like crazy I always waited for the tranny or motor to come apart but it never did.

Thanks! yea it anit nothing special it don't feel fast but she moves out that's for sure! I want to put the 9in piggy back on it and let her rip! Lol. I got a shop in mentor maybe one weekend u can stop out I will let u drive it ! And I Would love to check out ur cobra.. It's about a 40 min drive from summit to my area

Users who are viewing this thread