shift light rpm?

huggytree

Established Member
i set my shift light for 6,000 rpm's....then i read peak HP is at 6,500

whats the proper rpm for the shift light?

why is this adjustable? isnt there a 'perfect' spot to shift??? shouldnt it be locked in or 'suggested' from Ford?

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
It's adjustable because different people want different things. Some want to set it for best fuel mileage, some want to set it for max performance. Some want a happy medium.

Nickoli

Established Member
depends on how quick you react. I like to shift at 6,500-6,800. I set my light at 6,200 so when I react, it will get the shift when I want it.

mikejaeggi

Established Member
i set my shift light for 6,000 rpm's....then i read peak HP is at 6,500

whats the proper rpm for the shift light?

why is this adjustable? isnt there a 'perfect' spot to shift??? shouldnt it be locked in or 'suggested' from Ford?

i don't remember setting this on mine, what's the factory default? how do you adjust it?

mullens

Established Member
depends on how quick you react. I like to shift at 6,500-6,800. I set my light at 6,200 so when I react, it will get the shift when I want it.

Same here. I give myself 300 rpm of old guy reaction time.

mullens

Established Member
i don't remember setting this on mine, what's the factory default? how do you adjust it?

Settlings/Vehicle /Shiftpoint /RPM. I also have the shift tone on. Chances are I'm not going to be looking at my gauges at that time.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Sometimes I set mine really low, then set the tone on too.. good way to entertain myself. sort of..

Users who are viewing this thread