Shiftlight & no tach adaptor required for 99+ Mustangs

mosconiac

Established Member
At $75 this is a much cheaper solution that using a tach adapter (~$55), RPM switch (~$50) and shift light (~$40).

coleman

Established Member
yup, i ordered mine last night ... i was just waiting for them to become available!

RBZ, thank you for the heads up! :thumbsup:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I orderd mine a few days ago. I'll be posting pictures of the install and the finished product as soon as possible for those that are interested.

Dana

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
That's Harlans shift light from LS1.com. Hopefully it is him selling it and not someone stealing his design.

You can build it for free too, he posted the schematics on the web a while back. (I think, its been a long time)

He has a TT F-body (Incon kit)

bender460

Established Member
I did some searching and couldn't come up with the schematics. That would be a good cheap mod.:beer:

RBZ

Established Member
That is NOT Harlan's shiftlight. It has nothing to do with him. Harlan's light is for 2,4,6,8 cylinder engines only. It does not have a "coil on plug" or "1 cylinder" setting. The only thing similar about it is the size.

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
I don't know who came first then, but whoever came second obviously borrowed details from the first. They aren't just the same size, its more than that.

It can't be that hard to modify Harlans design to work with a coil on plug design.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I don't know here, but how many ways can you stuff a bunch of LED's in a tube. And a circuit board. And have wires exiting from it? They are all going to look somewhat similiar from the outside.
You are going to have to go way beyond the external appearance before you can say someone is stealing something from someone.
Got Incon, why don't you get them both and give us a detailed analysis of the elctronic aspects of both and then we can decide if someone stole something from someone? Many tachometers and gauges look similiar from the outside. Application is going to be a determinig factor in their shape and design.

Dana

FlashSVT

Established Member
Re: Harlan Light

They look totally different. I had a Harlan on my TA. The Harlan was a plastic tube and you had to remove the circuit board from the tube to make any adjustments. This Raptor one looks like a nice step up.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Well, I have the Raptor shift light in my hands now. As far as I can tell without disassembling it, the only similiarity to Harlan's is the exterior color. I got the black case. Raptor's is smaller(3/4" dia. vs. 1"dia.), has more LEDs (7 vs. 5), comes with (2) brackets, and has externally adjustable switches. Not ever having seen Harlan's, I am relying on what was said here and on Harlan's web page.
I should be able to report on the install and performance tomorrow. Depends on how busy I am answering the door for Trick or Treaters tonight.

Dana

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Here are the pics of the finished install of the Raptor Shift light.
Works like a charm.Everything was wired at or near the PCM.
If anyone needs the wire locations for this one or something similar, let me know.
The light is mounted with double sided foam tape for now, untill I decide if that is where I want it to be permanently.

Dana

Last edited:

coleman

Established Member
2001 w/ less than 8,000 miles... damn, i'm run'n the hell out of my 2003 ... already 6K!

ok, i got my raptor shift light in and am eager to get it installed -- along w/ everything else in my garage!
maybe i'll have more time this weekend than last :gt:

this whole setup/MOD'n thing is getting as bad as my computers :-D

Users who are viewing this thread