Standard or close Bump stop kit spacing specs. for lowered 99 to 03 svt cars???

FIREBALL

Established Member
Standard or close Bump steer kit spacing specs. for lowered 99 to 03 svt cars???

Sorry I meant bump steer in the title.

I just installed my H&R Sport springs and bump steer Kit, I have stock Ball joints, the springs lower the car approx 1.5." I know that many here have installed bump steer kits so instead of trying to do all the measuring and calculations Im wanting to know if there are any standard or ball park figures on how much to drop the tie rods-----specifically with a 1.5" lowered car. I have read on another site that the drop should be approx. 1/2 the amount of car being lowered. So in my case that would be a 3/4" drop with the tie rod. and some other posts say that no drop is needed??? Hep please.

Last edited:

FIREBALL

Established Member
LOL, REALLY?. I could use adjustment amounts in inches or amount and thickness of spacers.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
You're asking for a short cut and when one is given you make fun of it. If you want it dialed in you need to get the proper tools. Otherwise it's just a guessing game. I have a bumpsteer kit, and while it's close I can tell it needs some fine tuning.

To be honest, unless you drilled your spindles you should just go back to normal tie rod ends. There's no need for a bump steer kit at your height.

FIREBALL

Established Member
I honestly thought olgreydog7 was just joking---using the terms smidge and hair, so I was joking back. (not making fun of)

I thought some here have lowered their car with sport springs and have used a bump steer kit and was hoping they could tell me in inches how far they spaced the tie rod down.

Thanks

Last edited:

FIREBALL

Established Member
I have been a little surprised on a lack of response on this!!!!------Well I went with the tie rod drop that was 1/2 the amount the car was lowered. I uses two thick spacers from my bump steer kit and it totaled a little over 3/4" tie rod drop. With my H&R springs and Eibach rear sway bar the car rides and handles much better than stock and so far I feel no bump steer which is way less than what I felt with stock suspension.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
I was joking, but at the same time poking fun at you. As slo984now said, this isn't a guessing game. Every car is different. These are cheap cars built on unibodies between 13 and 18 years ago. There will be some deflection. If you want to half ass it, well, I gave you the half ass answer. I doubt anyone wants to take the responsibility of giving you their specs and then having you get pissed when yours is screwed up.

Users who are viewing this thread