• Welcome to SVT Performance, your home for all things SVT

SVTPerformance Show'n'Shine Saloon Gets Modded

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by SID297, Jan 17, 2012.

1. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

SVTP has some big plans for our dedicated paint, detailing, and body modification forum Show'n'Shine Saloon in 2012. We’re pleased to announce that Kevin Tetz from TRUCKS TV will now be helping us out in there by moderating and providing information on how to properly detail, repair, and/or modify your bodywork.

In addition to being a well known automotive television personality, Kevin has owned his own restoration shop, managed collision centers, and has learned from masters of automotive restoration. He has held ASE, ICAR, SIKKENS, PPG, and MARTIN SENOUR certifications, so it’s pretty safe to say when it comes to body work he knows his stuff. Further, Kevin is also an accomplished automotive journalist, writing for magazines such as Southern and Northern Rodder, Mustang Monthly, Modified Mustangs & Fords, and Ford Performance Trucks (I really miss that one).

Kevin has been on TV since 2003, including features on “Popular Hot Rodding” TV, three seasons hosting “Classic Rides” and co producing “Classic Car Restoration” on DIY. As mentioned earlier, he currently hosts the popular TRUCKS series that airs weekly on Spike TV, focusing on “How To” projects and upgrades. Speaking of “How To”, his Paintucation instructional DVD series, which was launched in 2000, teaches viewers the fundamentals of paint, bodywork, and restoration techniques.

To top it all off, Kevin owns a 2000 Harley Davidson F-150 with a 2002 SVT Lightning drivetrain. Best of all, he built it himself. It’s a real honor to have someone as well versed in automotive-arts as Kevin sharing his knowledge with the SVTP community. Not only will we be having some great tech discussions, but we’ll also be working with Kevin in the near future to produce some exclusive articles and videos covering some of the most popular detailing and restyling topics you see on SVTP.

Until then, please check out Show'n'Shine Saloon and welcome Kevin (he goes by KTTrucks) to SVTP.

-SID297:beer:

2. Posi

Posi Had a blast. Established Member

Great news and a great guy!:rockon: Welcome aboard.:beer:

3. MountainDew

MountainDew Do the Dew! Established Member

Kevin Tetz, welcome. One thing I've always wanted to say to Trucks TV! was to hurry up and FINISH/AIR the Mazda Ranger. Terminator Motor & IRS. Thank you if you can expedite this.

Joe

4. Bluebolt

Bluebolt Hold my beer n watch this Established Member

That's awesome Sid. Welcome Kevin. Looking forward to some good right up and videos

5. KTTrucks

KTTrucks Premium Member Premium Member

LOL! We are working on it as we speak.... Im finishing bodywork, plumbing is nearly done still waiting on some small parts, and should start/run it within this month... Personally, if we get that truck finished the way we want it... nothing else matters! It should be strong when it's done. Thanks for watching, and thanks for the kind words and welcome... we've got some cool plans for this site and forum... we'll need your help to make it all happen though.

Thanks!!

KT.

6. 10thSVT_03

10thSVT_03 Doin it! Established Member

Awesome news! This will be awesome.

7. SID297

Should make for a good series. :beer:

8. N2DAMYSTIC

N2DAMYSTIC WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE Established Member

Very cool and welcome Kevin! Doing a resto on a 67 mustang coupe so I will look forward to your posts, and show as always!

9. IcebourgGT500

IcebourgGT500 Active Member Established Member

Sounds great !!! Great to see "celeb's" working with the forum!!!:beer:

10. DMassey

DMassey No Habla Jibber Jabber Established Member

Welcome aboard! I watch the show all the time, and it's GREAT to have you associated with SVTP!!!

11. StacyStangz

StacyStangz "Supercharged Stacy" - PR Premium Member

Kevin,
    I am super thrilled to hear about your upcoming shows along with your serious body work expertise... It is going to be a great year on SVTP. :)

* By the way, Mustang Week is July 16-22. lol

12. Swarzkopf

Swarzkopf New Member Established Member

Badass! "Trucks" is a great show. The current hosts have really improved it.

13. brucesvt

brucesvt New Member Established Member

welcome kevin, have enjoyed the show for many years now. FYI if you need to do any mods on a ford escape let me know lol jk

14. WhiTriCobra

WhiTriCobra SVT=WIN Established Member

+100000 that's awesome news!!! Kevin knows his stuff, no doubt about it!!

15. MinGry03

MinGry03 SVT Guy Established Member

Awesome! Welcome aboard..:beer:

16. MalcolmV8

MalcolmV8 Active Member Established Member

Hey Kevin, it's really great to see you on the forums and I've REALLY enjoyed watching your terminator Ranger build.

I've built a couple V8 Rangers myself. One was a full on hot rod and the other was my daily driven AWD 302 Ranger. You can see them at http://www.v8-ranger.com

Of course I'm a terminator owner too and have since I purchased my Cobra brand new in 03. Many smiles and miles over the years. Great to see you on here.

Love the show, been watching it for years.

All the best
    Malcolm

17. DSG2NV03

DSG2NV03 MUST HAVE BOOST!!! Established Member

Welcome! I don't even have a truck and I watch your show every week!

18. STLR FN

STLR FN 6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS Established Member

Welcome Kevin... looking forward to see all that you have to offer and enjoy watching Trucks!.

I seen an old how to series(video) when I went an autobody trade school. To say you have changed looks would be an understatement.. lol.

Again Welcome.

19. SID297

While we're talking about it here, are there any particular topics you'd like to see SVTP and Kevin cover.

20. DHG4410

DHG4410 New Member Established Member

DVR Trucks every week, welcome.