Tire opinions!

Ryan Coderre

Established Member
Hi everyone,

So I'm in the market for new rear tires. Right now I have Toyo proxes r888. 315-30-18. I'm trying to decide what tires to go with or just to stick with these. I've got a 635rwhp 03 cobra so I'd like something that will hook up. I'm stuck between staying with the proxes, going with nitto NT05R, or Mickey Thompson ET street S/S. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or what is your personal favorite tire to go with?

Thanks!

-Ryan

65fastback289

Established Member
the r888's are an amazing tire and hook really well for a street car. will the car see the track at all? if so, i would go with the mickey's in 305/40R18 as they provide a little extra sidewall.

Ryan Coderre

Established Member
I don't plan on ever taking it to the track due to inexperience and it's just my toy so I don't want to really beat on it hard. But I had been looking into getting a second set of wheels/tires and going with the Mickey Thompson 295-55-15.

Last edited:

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
For an 18 inch wheel with that power I'd go with the m&h racemasters they come in a 28 tall so you can have the extra sidewall. I got them and love em

MG0h3

Established Member
I'm running mt et II in 305/35/18 and they hold second good. Seemed like they were holding first pretty good first few hundred miles but then started spinning a little. Might have been weather/dust on the roads too. I really like them

1badsnake

WOW, A tire that holds at over 600hp and at least summer rated hasn't been made yet. With IRS we have no downward push to increase traction like a SRA car does. In dry weather has been my only success with 305 45 17 MT DR's

badmpg03

Established Member
I have run NT05R and NTO1R. Great tires. The R compound does not last too long though and makes a good amount of road noise....but they hook. Worth noting the Tires are sketchy as f*** if you are caught in the rain, kind of a given I suppose. Rains a lot where I am.
If you don't get the R compound, I don't think the NT05 is all that great a tire....I have experience with the 275 and 315. Not bad but better options.
Might be a plus to the 888 as they are probably not as dangerous a street tire in the rain and still have a soft compound. I am debating giving 888's a try. I have seen several of the 1800hp lambos in Houston running them and they seem to work just fine:) Actually seems to be their tire of choice.

Users who are viewing this thread