Torco Acclerator??

GLynch

Hey all fairly new to the forum and the terminator world. I just purchased a 04 Cobra which was tuned for 93 octane but the best in my area I can get is 91. Just wondering if Torco Accelerator is the best thing to use or are there any better products out there? My friend also has an 04 and recommends Torco. The car has been running on 91 for about 2-3 years without an issue but if this would make it safer I'm all for it. Thanks for any feedback and advice

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
IMG_3458.PNG

I have been using Lucas octane booster. I have no clue how it compares to Torco. I was not sure of how long the OB was sitting on the shelf at the auto parts store, so I bought the OB at amazon.

GLynch

I like the tune tbh and be willing to invest for the octane booster. Plus no one around here do tuning that I know of.

bigmoose

Established Member
I ran torco before I went e85. Had no problems. On a high timing tune I had no signs of detonation with torco. Only thing to note is it turns our plugs orange.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I always run a can of Torco every fillup, I don't use it for adding timing, more for insurance running 91, it defiantly helps against knock. you can also run boostane if you want.

GLynch

That's pretty much my exact reason to add a can per every fill up for added insurance as well.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Try looking into this product. You can add what you need to get your desired octane instead of just dumping a bottle of octane booster in your tank.

I used this with the 347 in my 65 and it worked great. I have not tried it with my Cobra yet, but I'm going to soon.

Granted it is a little on the expensive side and may not be worth it if you use a lot, but I do not use this in my daily driven cars, so it works out for me.

http://race-gas.com/

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I wouldn't use any of that MMT based product....it will coat your plugs, O2 sensors, and cats if you have them. It can also settle out solids in your fuel tank over time. Not worth it.

Get tuned conservatively for the pump gas in your area and just live with it. Or, find E85 or buy a quality race fuel and get tuned appropriately.

94slowbra1

Established Member
im with ^^^. first off i would never run 91 in a car that is tuned for 93. next i would have the car tuned for appropriate fuel and if you are nervous about fuel quality then back the timing off a little to play it safe
where are you that there arent any tuners around?

86gt5liter

Established Member
I ran Torco for a while and just recently got retuned, it was getting pretty expensive and probably could have paid for a tune with the money I used buying it. I don't know what size can your buying but I think your wasting money if your using a whole can! That would probably be bumping your octane up to 100 which there is no point to that for your tune.

GLynch

Was going to order a 5 gallon drum and see what is required to bump it to 93 from torco. I live in a small community in Newfoundland on the east coast of Canada the car is from North Carolina and ran 93 while there. It's been here for 2/3 years running 91 with no issues. Just gonna use the torco for the peace of mind and insurance. Don't mind spending the extra money to be safe and keep the current tune! Thanks for all the input this group is great.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
I run Boostane in my CTS-V, and have done so for the last 5000 miles. I am mixing a one quart can with each 18gal tank 93 and am currently running timing only allowable with zero knock from 100+ octane or e85.

Quick Strike

Established Member
Here is the Torco 91 octane blend chart. We have roughly a 15 gallon tank BTW. I think you would be fine with 16 oz per tank if the gas is good.

Last edited:

04cobraken

Established Member
I'm in your area and run straight 91 octane but the car was tuned for it before I brought the car here from the US. I had it on a local dyno and tune is dead on. I suggest bringing the car to St.Johns/Placentia to check th tune. I have heard stories of guys getting bad gas here on the island so be careful and run an appropriate amount of Torco until you can check the tune.

Users who are viewing this thread