Tow hooks for '04 Cobra

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Wow, this thread has been dormant for a while. And many of us are still going to the track just hoping and praying we never see the wrong end of an EV hooking up to us.

But I've taken care of the rear of my car at least.

hook1.jpg

hook2.jpg

Will it hold? I know the trailer hitch will. Will a flat tow rig's hook fit it? I hope I never find out, but the ones I saw at VIR will.

Now to keep after the front. Still lots of great ideas in this thread, and a friend of mine just put a fold down one on his Cobra, through the bumper. I may need to resign myself to that. :shrug:

Where'd you get that idea, Greg??

IMG_3602.jpg

VNEMUS

Established Member
Greg, here are the templates Steve made for the front and rear tow hooks. The 90 degree angles on the ends are welded to the bottom and back sides of the bumper supports.
IMG_0024.gif

Steve added gussets on the rear tow hook for strength:
IMG_0055.gif

I’m going with a bolt-on/bolt-off set-up using drilled & tapped mounting blocks that Steve made. The mounting blocks are welded to the bottom side of the bumper supports. I’m using the same front & rear tow hook templates (less the 90 degree bend on the ends) and having holes drilled so I can easily mount them for track days and remove them when I want.

IMG_0058-1.gif

I removed both the front and rear bumper covers to remove the bumper supports so I could easily bring them to someone to weld. Steve didn’t have to remove his rear bumper cover to weld his on, but he did remove the front bumper cover to do the front. The front is much easier to deal with than the rear.

David Hester

Established Member
Oh, yeah. That SPECIAL Cobra paint, "Mystrey Blue".
Ford Mustang guy through and through.
MCA, SVTOA, ROEA. My wife even says I can be a horse's ass sometimes. Wait, that may be something different.:shrug:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Member of MACA, MCA, SVTOA, MCOM, NCRMC, NVMC, SCMC, PSOM.
Bet you can't figure them all out. :lol1:
I think I have a joining problem. :dw:
I had to take most of them off.

2567036_4_full.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread