Updated 2000 R FAQ and info document

rwhite

Banned
I purchased the Cobra R Car Cover from California Car Cover and it fits perfectly. It falls about an inch from the ground when pulled down over the car. Looks nice and the fit over the wing is proper looking and not too tight. :thumbsup:

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
2000 "R" part engineering numbers

YR3V 5A110 AA Spacer - Frame Front C/M UPR Install between # 2 X- Mbr & body front side rails
YR3V 5B002 AA Spacer - Frame Front C/M LWR Install between # 2 X- Mbr & body front side rails

YR3V 6038 AA Insulator Asy - Engine Front Supt RH ]
New design with lowered vertical height (12 mm engine drop)
& higher durometer(800 N/mm shear).

YR3V 6B032 AA Insulator Asy - Engine Front Supt LH
F4ZC 5059 AD Support Asy-Frame Engine Rear #3 Cross-Member.
YR3V 6068 AA Insulator Asy - Engine Rear Support 45 mm loaded height.
F8ZC 6A098 AA Bracket Asy-Engine Rear Mounting RH
F6ZC 6A099 AB Bracket Asy-Engine Rear Mounting LH

I was digging through some research on my project car and found this info.
I do not think it was ever posted in this thread,
and most numbers are likely obsolete, but here they are nonetheless.
They do look like engineering numbers though, not part numbers.

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
I found somewhere that the Aussie Boss 290 uses 2000 "R" camshafts.
Not 100% positive, maybe someone can chime in here.
If so, here are some specs and (looks like engineering) numbers:

Intake Camshaft RH-(8912 6A270 AA)
LH-(8912 6A271 AA)
Intake Opens @ 13.4 Deg BTDC
Intake Closes @ 65 Deg BTDC
Intake Opening: 2.54mm Lift @ 18.9 Deg ATDC
Intake Closing: 2.54mm Lift @ 30 Deg ABDC
Max. Lobe Lift = 7.18969 mm @ 113.8 Deg ATDC {13mm at Valve}

Exhaust Camshaft RH-(8912 6A272 AA)
LH-(8912 6A273 AA)
Exhaust Opens @ 59.7 Deg BBDC
Exhaust Closes @ 17.9 Deg ATDC
Valve Lift 2.54mm Lift @ 27 Deg BBDC for Exhaust Opening
Valve Lift 2.54mm Lift @ 17.1 Deg ABDC for Exhaust Closing

2k7gtcs

Established Member
We were having a discussion in another forum and someone said the 2000R did not come with any warranty. Is this correct?

There's language in teh Ford website that installation of the splitter on the New LS Boss 302 will void the warranty. That's how it came up.

flattrack53

Established Member
We were having a discussion in another forum and someone said the 2000R did not come with any warranty. Is this correct?

There's language in teh Ford website that installation of the splitter on the New LS Boss 302 will void the warranty. That's how it came up.

You are correct. Originally they were going to come with a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty but ford decided to revoke it before the cars hit the showroom. I actually have the window sticker that list the warranty on the top if you want me to take a picture of it so you can mess with someone. :beer:

kevin

You are correct. Originally they were going to come with a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty but ford decided to revoke it before the cars hit the showroom. I actually have the window sticker that list the warranty on the top if you want me to take a picture of it so you can mess with someone. :beer:

not quite technically correct.

while there was no general warranty like any other street car, the emissions warranty was still there - required by federal law. the car was also covered under any and all federal safety recalls (rear knuckle, hand brake)

DAVESVT2000

Established Member

And dont forget the 5 speed tranny and leather bucket seats :burn:

Both listed on the window sticker and blacked out...

flattrack53

Established Member
not quite technically correct.

while there was no general warranty like any other street car, the emissions warranty was still there - required by federal law. the car was also covered under any and all federal safety recalls (rear knuckle, hand brake)

P1000908.jpg

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
And dont forget the 5 speed tranny and leather bucket seats :burn:

Both listed on the window sticker and blacked out...

and 4-Passenger Specialty was also a mis-print.

I believe that the 2000 Cobra R never was intended for a warranty except where the feds required it. I also believe that a run of "normal information" 2000 Mustang window stickers were run with the unique 2000 Cobra R information added where it was appropriate and the stickers were applied to the cars, and then, when the cars were in route to the dealerships someone realized that there was a mistake (and this may have even been realized with the first couple of 2000 Cobra R's that arrived at their dealerships), and then, the replacement (non-warranty) stickers were printed and shipped to the dealers for replacement on the window, and instructions were given to destroy the incorrect sticker. Some dealers did, some did not. The reason why I think this was the case is because the magazine articles that were done about the upcoming Cobra R, well ahead of the 2000 Cobra R build stated "no warranty".

The 5 speed info., 4-passenger specialty and leather seats were a big deal, but not as big a deal as Ford standing behind this race car bumper to bumper for 3 year 36K miles. The 3/36 info. is what needed to diasappear, and disappear quickly.

One other point of interest, the "Standard Equipment" section and the SVT items. Even this information seems "standard Cobra", but there was not a 2000 SVT Cobra, only the R model, so either there was a plan for a 2000 Cobra, or this is carry over information from 1999 SVT Cobra in the standard equip. box.

R

Last edited:

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
It's funny how you pay $27K for the items on the left side of the sticker, then another $24k for the items on the right eventhough a lot of the "left" items have been replaced or deleted.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
One other point of interest, the "Standard Equipment" section and the SVT items. Even this information seems "standard Cobra", but there was not a 2000 SVT Cobra, only the R model, so either there was a plan for a 2000 Cobra, or this is carry over information from 1999 SVT Cobra in the standard equip. box.

R

Ford did plan on a 00 street Cobra.

Due to the hp shortage in 99 and the huge recall to correct the entire production run on the 99 cars there was no time or money left for offering the 00 street version.

Tom

flattrack53

Established Member
Ford did plan on a 00 street Cobra.

Due to the hp shortage in 99 and the huge recall to correct the entire production run on the 99 cars there was no time or money left for offering the 00 street version.

Tom

In my 2000 cobra r black book. It has all sorts of different test that they do comparing the regular 2000 mustang gt/cobra/cobra r in braking/accelerating test and a few others. So I can easily believe that there was going to be a 2000 svt cobra mustang

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I have some 2000 SVT cobra brochures from the dealer, grabbed them as they were going to throw them out. It has the R as the centerfold, and also the 2000 Mystic Gold Cobra, which obviously never happened.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I have some 2000 SVT cobra brochures from the dealer, grabbed them as they were going to throw them out. It has the R as the centerfold, and also the 2000 Mystic Gold Cobra, which obviously never happened.

Thanks for the PM reply......

PumpkinMaster

Masterpiecepumpkins
Established Member
I LOVE this site for learning stuff. I have been growing increasingly enamored with Y2K R's and appreciate seeing all of the details posted on this page. KUDOS! --Someday I hope to find a slightly modified one for street driving. :)

Users who are viewing this thread