vmp 2.3 vs whipple 2.3

2quicksvt

Established Member
I know there is prob a thread out there on this topic but here it goes. I currently have a whipple 2.3 making 608hp on 93 @ 17pds. Would i pick up more with the vmp 2.3.

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
I don't think so, from what I've read/seen the VMP blowers on a street tune with a little more boost make similar HP numbers, and a little more torque..

My 2.3 Whipple makes 598/573 (that with cats, and stock manifolds, stock TB, and inlet), so I really don't think it would benefit me at all to go through swapping the blower, retuning, for marginally more torque. Seems like a lateral move for 2.3 Whipple owners, or 2.2/4KB owners?

Maybe I'm missing something, but making the same power with less boost on a TS seems to make sense to me..

My96z

Established Member
i don't think so, from what i've read/seen the vmp blowers on a street tune with a little more boost make similar hp numbers, and a little more torque..

My 2.3 whipple makes 598/573 (that with cats, and stock manifolds, stock tb, and inlet), so i really don't think it would benefit me at all to go through swapping the blower, retuning, for marginally more torque. Seems like a lateral move for 2.3 whipple owners, or 2.2/4kb owners?

Maybe i'm missing something, but making the same power with less boost on a ts seems to make sense to me..

+1

If you were upgrading from the stock Eaton that come on the cobra, no doubt go with the TVS.

Last edited:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I know there is prob a thread out there on this topic but here it goes. I currently have a whipple 2.3 making 608hp on 93 @ 17pds. Would i pick up more with the vmp 2.3.

Send a PM to "Wicked 46"
He did the swap and is very happy.
His first time at the track in hotter weather he was within a tenth of his best on the Whipple.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
No point in going to a very similar blower. Step up to a 2.9L Whipple and be done with it.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I agree that it is a lateral move at best if you already have a 2.3 Whipple, but if going from an Eaton, it is a great option!

black 10th vert

Established Member
plus there's no provision for an egr set-up for people that have emission inspection states

Didn't realize that. I still have my EGR intact as I live in MA, so I won't mess with anything emission related. Guess that would be a deal breaker for me anyway...

2quicksvt

Established Member
ya I live in oh an i need EGR so thats out. Looks like its a 2.9 whipple then. thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread