Want to order 2012, but terrified of MT-82 problems

nicksender

Established Member
Yes you would be SOL. Better have the dealer run an oasis report on the VIN to see what service has been performed and to see if they have already denied warranty coverage for anything. They should do it for you without question if you ask. It costs nothing, and should be ran just like you would a carfax.

Thanks for the information; I'll keep that in mind if I decide to purchase one. I guess the only way I would get burned would be if the owner never had it to the dealer after he modified it, de-modded it, and sold it.

05_Evolution

I wish I was fast
Established Member
Bodymore, Murderland (Baltimore, Maryland)
I think ford is fixing the problems on the trans on new builds because I ordered my 12 July 5th and went to the dealer to check on my status and it turns out the manual cars for retail were not made when they're were supposed to two weeks ago, so now my car is gonna be built the end of august. Because of this trans issue. There werent any specific details to what the problem was but it seems like ford is doing something about it on te new builds.

Good to know, I would still like to hear it from Ford but I doubt it'll happen. I don't mind waiting if I know they are fixing the problem. I'll talk to my dealer in a day or two and let you know what they say

WHITEMACH

Established Member
does the boss 302 use the same clutch as the GT.... the reason for asking is the clutch they installed on my car is the same as the 2012 boss 302?????????
i thought they had diff clutches??or has ford changed the part number for the 2012 vs the old 2011 clutches,,,which are most likely causing these problems!
according to my dealer all 2012s gt or boss use this same BR3Z-7B546-AE

Last edited:

L454S

Established Member
M6

Based on my experience so far with mine and a lot of years doing transmission work, you could do a lot worse than buy a new 2012 Mustang with a M6......No problems at all with the car, bumper to bumper, at 4,200mi.

04sonicbeast

Established Member
I did not say that my car has not been pulled yet because of the manual trans. issues. I ordered my car on July 5th and I still do not have a full VIN number. So yesterday I went to the dealer to get some answers to why I don't have VIN yet since AUG 31st will be 8 weeks since i placed my order and the time frame they gave me to get my car. The manager called the regional guy who takes the orders and he told him that my car was not going to be pulled until week 35, which is the last week of august. So I asked if it was because of the Manual transmission deal and he said that Retail orders were ok but stock orders were still on hold, so take that for what it is, Im not guaranteeing that they are fixing the issues if there are really any at all. Maybe they lied to me that they had allocations and they really didn't until the end of the month. All I am hoping for is that I don't have any problems with my car when it gets here. Sorry for the long post and for any confusions.

wbt

Banned
I did not say that my car has not been pulled yet because of the manual trans. issues. I ordered my car on July 5th and I still do not have a full VIN number. So yesterday I went to the dealer to get some answers to why I don't have VIN yet since AUG 31st will be 8 weeks since i placed my order and the time frame they gave me to get my car. The manager called the regional guy who takes the orders and he told him that my car was not going to be pulled until week 35, which is the last week of august. So I asked if it was because of the Manual transmission deal and he said that Retail orders were ok but stock orders were still on hold, so take that for what it is, Im not guaranteeing that they are fixing the issues if there are really any at all. Maybe they lied to me that they had allocations and they really didn't until the end of the month. All I am hoping for is that I don't have any problems with my car when it gets here. Sorry for the long post and for any confusions.

OK. I wouldn't pin that on a "transmission issue" then as there is nothing to support that claim. Might be your dealer is jerking you around.

Do they have a healthy inventory of 2012's? Might be right on the allocation. Tell your salesman if they can't get you a final delivery date by end of August you will go elsewhere. Play hardball with them. Look within a 500 mile radius for a car that matches your order. Arm yourself with as much info as possible and play ball. They can dealer trade if needed. Most limit it to a 500 mile radius.

Users who are viewing this thread