What causes a rattle when going over bumps? I'm getting annoyed!!!!

dohc32v

Established Member
Ford made it so you could not regrease your bushings. Look man, Go spend 25$ and get a new blue bushing for the Front Strut bar, I promise.

I had the same problem on my 98 cobra, I changed the struts, the springs, the Wheel bearing, the brakes TWICE, and still had the same problem. That is the only thing that is left.

The noise sounds like a loud clicking/poping noise, correct?

Just like anything thats broken on a car and you have no idea what it is, Start with the cheapest thing first. I guarantee thats you're problem, its common on alot of Ford vehicles.

do you have a pic of this front strut bar bushing,or where it is located?
:shrug: thanks.

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
Bent strut or bad upper strut mount can make anything from popping to rattling depending on how bumpy the road is and how slow you are going.

that was my thought...i had this clicking sound coming from my drivers side mount. so i brought it to my local ford guy he found that there was 1/8th of an inch of play from the strut and mount. if you pushed down on the car it would click. so he tightened it all up and reajusted the ball joints as well and no more sound.....for now atleast haha. btw i have h&r racing springs and mm c&c plates.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
my noise is 100% brakes. went over a bumpy road was rattling like hell, put my foot on the brake just enough for the caliper to squeeze a little but not bring the car to a stop and the rattling stopped. let off the brake started back up

My problem too...and I'm about to lose my mind!:mj:

Users who are viewing this thread