Zoop Seal is no more....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
the company Zoop Seal has closed its doors.

while talking to customers about polished wheels im constantly asked what i recommend for cleaning and maintaining the polished finish. i would often recommend Zoop Seal based on other people's word, although i had never tried it myself. i figured, i should call Zoop Seal and see if they'd be interested in letting kevin, the polishing master, do a product review on it and if he gives it the :thumbsup: then ill definitely recommend it to my customers. i called Zoop Seal and was told they were out of business. i was then referred to Shine Seal.

apparently the guy who created Zoop Seal came up with a new and improved formula and supposedly its even cheaper. i talked to him for awhile and explained what i was looking for. i asked him if he'd be willing to send kevin aka 04sleeper a sample for him to try out and post pics and a review on this forum which is seen by thousands of people. he said "sure!" and sent a whole kit! like $100 value!

kevin posted this info/pics in the show n shine forum but i figured it wouldnt get the necessary exposure the product deserved and what i "promised" the owner of the company so im reposting it here.

now even if you dont have polished wheels, this would work great for those of you with lots of polished stuff in your engine bay. and possibly your polished exhaust too. keep all that hard work looking sweet! :coolman:

so check it out and props to kevin for another selfless donation of his time and talents to the community :beer:

With looking for good sealants for aluminum, Steve at True Forged did a little research and found out Zoopseal is no longer in business.

He did talk to the owner and found out they started a new business called "Shine Seal" ShineSeal.com ::: Protect Your Products :::

He sent me a kit so I could try it and give my feedback.

Here's my use and review on my True Forged Polished Victories.

Here's what I received.
5402606778_33c0f2bf85_b.jpg

5402606830_9759de0f49_b.jpg

The Master Kit comes with the following. Brite Shine Metal Polish, Shine Seal Bio Cleaner, Shine Seal Metal Sealer, and Slick Finish.

5402007255_e30a4e3f94_b.jpg

I first polished my wheel with Brite Shine Metal Polish.
5402007281_e6123a778c_b.jpg

Once the wheel is polished, you use 1 oz of Bio Cleaner w/ 16oz of water.
5402007359_1c6c6dc5e1_b.jpg

Once mixed with water, I used a spray bottle and sprayed it on the wheel.
5402007383_05d4a43966_b.jpg

Then I used a clean "Lint Free" cloth to wipe it off to prepare the surface for the sealer.
5402607044_850dbd9c5a_b.jpg

Next up comes the Metal Sealer. I used a clean cloth to apply it and let it dry. The Metal Sealer goes on kind of like Rain-X does on glass.
5402607082_e511d7c2d6_b.jpg

Then I wiped it off with a clean microfiber towel.
5402007481_fb01e2c506_b.jpg

The final step was to use the Slick Finish. (It is kind of like a wax to protect and shine after the Sealer)
5402607142_e4812e959e_b.jpg

I applied it with a clean microfiber and removed it with another clean microfiber.

Here are the resluts. Protected wheels that feel "Slick" to the touch and feel a lot less pourus.

As you can see, the sealer does not affect the shine. :coolman:
5402606960_72343aa721_b.jpg

5402007567_9f7dabe2ff_b.jpg

Hope this helps some of you looking for a good wheel sealant for Aluminum wheels. (Although it works on ALUMINUM, STAINLESS STEEL, BRASS, AND COPPER)

bullittbuild

Established Member
So is this what Kevin recommends people use? I have a ton of polished stuff in the engine bay and its gets OLD and FAST

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
So is this what Kevin recommends people use? I have a ton of polished stuff in the engine bay and its gets OLD and FAST

ill let him chime in on that but you can also use it on your forthcoming polished lips :beer:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Yes.

While there are a lot of good polishes on the market, they only "Polish" the metal. They do not "Seal" it.

If you are looking for a single kit to pollish, seal, and protect, this is it.

The sealant makes the metal smoother, less pourus.

Bare aluminum will start to oxidize as soon as you finish polishing it. This protects against the oxidation process so you don't have to polish nearly as much.

xenodragon

Established Member
While Kevin did an awesome review, can we have someone that DOESN'T have perfect wheels already review it? lol :shrug:

Savn4Mods

You serious Clark?
Established Member
I want to see results from a car that's driven often. How about getting this kit to a user that daily drives his car? Maybe that person could do one wheel with this and compare after a few weeks.

Last edited:

NXGHOST

Established Member
There are actually many aluminum sealants on the market that work just as well for under $20. I have been using them for years.

Poorboy's Wheel Sealant
Wheel Wax
Detailers Pride Wheel Sealant
Chemical Guys Wheel Guard
Busch Aluminum Wheel Wax and Sealant

There are many more out there also.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
I've used Zoop before, even on my companies Alcoa wheels, it really does (did) work in keeping the wheels from getting pitted, and made it easy to clean.

The best place to use it (IMO) is on a polished intake. Gas beads up and makes it very easy to keep clean so your intake doesn't stain.

E

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
I want to see results from a car that's driven often. How about getting this kit to a user that daily drives his car? Maybe that person could do one wheel with this and compare after a few weeks.

i'll volunteer for this. it doesn't get driven in snow/rain but i drive it quite a bit now....
i'm actually making a 550 mile drive to Houston on Tuesday, too bad i can't get it before then because that would be a very fair comparison against another product

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Hey guys-go to the Shineseal Website ShineSeal.com ::: Protect Your Products ::: and you'll read that Shineseal was chosen over some big name product brands to be used by the Military on Air force One Rides and the Space Shuttle!

there you go, the man himself :beer:

i may carry some of this stuff myself for wheel customers as a convenience. he's also talking about making a smaller, more affordable kit that is enough to do at least one set of wheels.

Jefe

Established Member
Hey guys-go to the Shineseal Website ShineSeal.com ::: Protect Your Products ::: and you'll read that Shineseal was chosen over some big name product brands to be used by the Military on Air force One Rides and the Space Shuttle!
SVTP Discount? :beer: Im about to put an order in
While there are a lot of good polishes on the market, they only "Polish" the metal. They do not "Seal" it.

If you are looking for a single kit to pollish, seal, and protect, this is it.

The sealant makes the metal smoother, less pourus.

Bare aluminum will start to oxidize as soon as you finish polishing it. This protects against the oxidation process so you don't have to polish nearly as much.
This was my question, can I just get the polish or do I need the whole kit? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread