FR500 staggered 18s w/tires, Powdered Satin Black and Red Stripe

brianstrawberry

Established Member
Trying to sell local:

Tough decision since I love the way they look, just no room right now! Had the wheels powdered this summer and stripe is from Tapeworks Graphics in Raleigh. (2 18x10s with 305 Nitto 555 drag radials and 2 18x9s with 275s). Tires are in great shape, probably less than 3,000 miles on the fronts and less than 1,000 miles on the rears. I put probably 150-200 miles on the wheels since powdering them and they are currently in storage. Asking $950 for the set, firm.

img9425medium.jpg

VasiliosK

Established Member
you think these would look good on a black cobra? i might be interested .. did you have to change irs bolt or use spacers for these?

brianstrawberry

Established Member
I specifically chose this color black (they had about four or five satin blacks) because it was the darkest / deepest. You can see this in the picture. I was concerned they would still come out grayish but was very happy when I picked them up from powder. I do think that they would look great on black. Honestly, they belong on either red or black. Anything else you would have to remove the stripe to make work.

Also, if you decide you do not like the stripe it is simply a piece of pinstriping made for wheels. The company is local to me. I was able to go and match the best red option to TR, which is actually their reflective red. I spent nearly hour a wheel putting those things on as careful as possible.
Welcome to www.tapeworks.com the premier aftermarket design source for motorcycle graphics and decals on the web.

Also they do not need any extra hardware to fit a cobra/mustang. You should know that on the back of either one or two of the rims, the machine that puts tires on put a scratch on inside facing barrel (the powder was apparently slippery for the machine). The scratch is not visible when the wheels are mounted.

I had the same goal as this guy minus the widening and I went with all black centers, I was actually upset he beat me to the punch.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/686095-pics-my-18x12-5-fr500s-w-345-bfgs-time-attack-style.html

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
I know you said you were looking to sell only local, but I am interested in the wheels. Would it be possible to see a few more pictures of the wheels?

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
I am really interested in these wheels but curious how the finish would look with a black car. I think it would look pretty sinister, but want to make sure. Can anyone photoshop these on black?

brianstrawberry

Established Member
Cobra2.jpg

I have a good friend that is a graphic artist/designer. It only took him a minute to change the color of the car in the first picture to black.

Jefe

Established Member
Thats a very shiny satin black. What did they charge if you dont mind me asking? And do you remember what part # or size the stripe is? Going to be doing something like this on my yellow Cobra

brianstrawberry

Established Member
They charged $300 for the four wheels to be powdered. Basically he said the darker black I wanted the more shine I would need for them not to look greyish.

Also I bought the regular width tape (they make a wider one that did not fit as well on the lip, a little too much red). The guys there are very friendly if you decide to give them a call.

I got 6017 on this page
Tapeworks Rimstripes Homepage

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
those would look good on a black cobra and possibly dsg and white as well.

dont be afraid to ship them brian. its pretty easy to do and you'll open up your potential buyer market. if youre not sure on how to package them, i can help you out :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread