• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Procharger question

Discussion in '5.0L Coyote V8 Engine Modification/Discussion' started by Bryanh24, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Bryanh24

Bryanh24 Member Established Member

Has anyone on here installed a procharger on their 2018 stang? Thinking about trading in my ‘14 and getting and 18+ and procharging it. Any feedback for those who have done it? Let me know! Thanks!

2. SheepDog

SheepDog Premium Member Premium Member Established Member

Even without Procharging the 18', it is far superior to the S197's. The motor is much more robust, it has dual fuel injection, and the handling is no comparison. Alot of people prefer the looks of the S197's, but from a performance standpoint, they aren't even close. Not to mention the 10 speed auto option if you like going fast in a straight line, or a twin disc clutch for the manual. I procharged my 17', and from an installation standpoint I'm sure they are very similar. A simple set of hand tools is all you need, and without question the tune is the most important piece of the puzzle.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  3. RLB01

RLB01 Member Premium Member Established Member

Installed P-1X, stage 2 on my 18 with A10. Boosted 18s do not like Cali 91 oct fuel so went to E85. Wanted a blower that was least intrusive so went with Procharger. Very pleased with results!:)

4. dazwelding

dazwelding New Member Established Member

As SheepDog said, you will love the ‘18 over the ‘14 with or without the procharger. There are a couple procharged ‘18s on YouTube. I am researching the procharger set up for the ‘18s myself, and found some good info on YouTube. Good Luck!

5. Toy Cobra

Toy Cobra Member Established Member

I just installed a D1x on my 2018 a10 car. In the process of online tuning it with PBD for e85.

6. HOSTIL

HOSTIL Member Established Member

Any numbers on your D1X install? I'm really curious. Thinking of going that route, trying to decide on Procharger or VMP GEN 3......

7. Toy Cobra

I did a couple data logs at the track this weekend. 10.50 at 140mph. With a another tune revision and some better traction I should be in the 9's soon enough.

8. LethalBlake

LethalBlake New Member Established Member

I think you will be more than satisfied with your decision going from the 14 to 18 especially adding a pro charger. Feel free to reach out to us if you need any assistance with making a decision on a specific kit. www.lethalperformance.com

9. beefcake

beefcake Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

I have a good amount of customers running a Procharger on their cars. The P1X and D1X are great options on these cars. Feel free to hit me up with any questions and i can def help you dial in your combo. www.teambeefcakeracing.com

10. Toy Cobra

FYI I got my kit from Terry at Beefcakeracing.com