• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Top Time!?!?!?

Discussion in 'New Edge Cobras' started by Shepp1691, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Shepp1691

Shepp1691 New Member Established Member

Well my 99 cobra has the original top on it, and its starting to look rough and leaking into the convertible top well. So with ford no longer selling the tops, where would you get a top from to keep it as close to stock, and hopefully stop leaking. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  2. procharged 99

procharged 99 Member Established Member

American muscle has them thats where i am about to order mine from. I would like to hear from some guys that already has one on their car.

3. mr.speaker

mr.speaker 99 Cobra Established Member

Do yourself a favor and upgrade to the 03 04 style Cloth top.. You can find them brand new on the net and every now and again you can get the complete top with frame used for a good price. I recently bought one for $350 complete frame,hydraulics,glass,top,headliner,etc from a ~ 30k mile 03/04 Cobra. The cloth looks so much better.

Also, replacing the whole frame is a pretty easy DIY, as opposed to replacing just the top which I wouldn't even attempt myself.

If you just want to buy the top check out this website.

1994 thru 2004 Ford Mustang & Cobra

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  4. Shepp1691

Shepp1691 New Member Established Member

How much work is there is switching entire frame? Is there a write up on it.

5. mr.speaker

mr.speaker 99 Cobra Established Member

I used this writeup as a reference . Installing new top Frame ,motor and all 94-01

I'm thinking about writing a step by step how-to and taking large pictures. I just need to get some spare time.