Any Nissan techs in the house?

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I have a 2017 Nissan Titan with LED headlight system. I have a message and warning light on the dash stating that there's a "headlight system error". As far as I can tell, everything is working fine so I'm a little unsure why it's not happy. Any way for me to diagnose this myself?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I have a 2017 Nissan Titan with LED headlight system. I have a message and warning light on the dash stating that there's a "headlight system error". As far as I can tell, everything is working fine so I'm a little unsure why it's not happy. Any way for me to diagnose this myself?

I searched and found someone with the exact same description as yours and he fixed it randomly.

Otherwise, do you have any codes related to it?

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Not to derail your thread but how do you like your Titan? I have a QX56 right now and have been looking at trading it in for a Pro-4x or PR Titan.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Not to derail your thread but how do you like your Titan? I have a QX56 right now and have been looking at trading it in for a Pro-4x or PR Titan.
Honestly, it's perfect for my needs. It's rough around the edges compared to say a f150 and lacks tech but very reliable thus far. V8, no start stop, no cylinder deactivation, ect.

I traded in a 2015 ECOBOOST for it that was non stop issues and I have no regrets. Mpg is the same despite what you may read.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member

I ****ing hated my 2019 Titan.

Throttle response was all over the place.

Truck was literally undrivable in rainy weather with damn near new AT tires.

Electrical issues. Paint issues.

Never again.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like your BCM detected an electrical issue in the headlight system. Could be numerous issues like bad connection, communication issue, voltage issue or even a ballast in one of the headlights getting ready to go. The best thing to do is scan the car with a quality scanner and look for any PENDING or CMDTC's stored in your module's memory. It's more than likely an issue a system check caught after a key cycle and may not have completely failed yet. You can find the service manual I attached below. I'm not a Nissan tech but I am a certified (state licensed) auto electrician. Good Luck

5.0 Hatch

Established Member

Never again.
Sounds minor compared to my 2015 ECOBOOST . But yeah I get what you're saying. 2019... Sounds like the infamous 9 speed issues.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member

Never again.
I know they changed the infotainment setup in the 19’s, wonder if that contributed to the electrical issues. The 7 speed transmission in the pre ‘20 model year apparently has a problem hunting for gears. I am primarily looking at 21 and up versions but will still be doing some more research. All brands have some issues and I prefer the Titan looks over most of the others.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I know they changed the infotainment setup in the 19’s, wonder if that contributed to the electrical issues. The 7 speed transmission in the pre ‘20 model year apparently has a problem hunting for gears. I am primarily looking at 21 and up versions but will still be doing some more research. All brands have some issues and I prefer the Titan looks over most of the others.

I loved how it looked

I hated everything else about it lol

Users who are viewing this thread