Car and driver 2014 Z28. Sorry GM guys...... This thing is slooowwww.

paintless302

Established Member
"Americas track star?"

images

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
This would be a pretty sweet car if it were priced a little more than the 1LE or slightly less than the ZL1.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I know this car is supposed to be all about the turns but... 505hp, lightest(?) 5th gen camaro, sticky tires, and it runs what, 1/10th faster than a basic mustang GT?

That really is a damn joke. Don't the regular LS3 cars run low 13's stock?

svtaddict

Established Member
ive noticed car and driver always says great things about chevys and dogs fords.

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
ive noticed car and driver always says great things about chevys and dogs fords.

LOL, wut? They tested the Mustang in 2010 with the puny 4.6l 3-valve and it still beat the Camaro. When the 11 came out they did it again and it turned into a slaughter.

1hot281

Established Member
300lbs lighter than a ZL1, sticky Pirelli Trofeo R 305/30R19 at all four corners, Carbon ceramic Brembos, spool-valved shocks, and 7-liters of naturally aspirated goodness? Yes please. But that price though... Wow. If it was $50k to $60k tops... maybe.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Over-weight... I was hoping it would be a little quicker in a straight line though. It may handle great, but those tires/and size alone are worth several seconds a lap over regular tire. 75k is just plain stupid. A sad send off for the amazing LS7!

Last edited:

jleews6

Established Member
Nice car and I really like it but its so over priced its not funny. 60 and 70 thousand for a Camaro or a Mustang is just stupid.
If anybody thinks that 12.7 is all that car is capable of then you are clueless. They will run well into the 11s @120 with a good driver.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
If I was going to pour that kind of money into a chevy product it would be a crovette. That is ridiculous. But I would much rather have a 2013/14 GT500 and just save a ton of cash and have a way better car. Just my opinion of it though. Im sure chevy guys see it the exact opposite.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Nice car and I really like it but its so over priced its not funny. 60 and 70 thousand for a Camaro or a Mustang is just stupid.
If anybody thinks that 12.7 is all that car is capable of then you are clueless. They will run well into the 11s @120 with a good driver.

Exactly. Motor Trend ran 12.3 @ 117

Edit.. Here is another. Funny how people find the slowest runs and go with it.

Road and track ran 12.2 @ 118.3 with a 2.1 60ft. This is an easy 11 second car that beats a GTR on a road course.

Last edited:

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
The Z/28 is way overpriced but Car and Driver always gets the slowest times for every car. It'll run 11's at 120 IMO. I'd rather buy a Boss, put bigger wheels and stickier tires on it, a blower and call it a day.

Users who are viewing this thread