Got my new custom license plate today!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So I was stationed on an aircraft carrier back in 1968-1969 based in Long Beach, CA. USS Kearsarge, CVS-33. I'm still a Kearsarge Association member and the carrier duty is still a very memorable and cherished time of my life. I thought many times over the past few years about getting a custom license plate with CVS-33 but knew that it might already be used by someone else (maybe associated with CVS Pharmacy). In early February, I gave it a shot and applied through CT DMV. I was fortunate to find out that there had been a 'CVS-33' registered to someone else but they cancelled it back in 2023. Well, my application got approved and the plate showed up today in my mailbox. Made my day!! Here's a pic of it installed. No front plate needed, thank God!

1715959716009.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks great Bob!

Thanks for your Service!
Thank you! :)

I was very proud to serve. And would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Connecticut doesn't require a front plate?
Technically, they do. But it isn't enforced. I'd guestimate that about 30-40% of the vehicles that I see every day have no front plate. Usually it's on a car where a front plate detracts from an otherwise nice looking front end. Or where the plate would be awkwardly placed, making it stand out as an ugly eye sore.
What does the "S" stand for? I thought they were all CV's before CVN's.
The modified CVS designation was for ‘anti-submarine warfare support’. In 1946 it was commissioned as a CV. In 1953 it was re-classified a CVA. And in 1958, re-classified a CVS.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Technically, they do. But it isn't enforced. I'd guestimate that about 30-40% of the vehicles that I see every day have no front plate. Usually it's on a car where a front plate detracts from an otherwise nice looking front end. Or where the plate would be awkwardly placed, making it stand out as an ugly eye sore.
That's what I thought, it's the same here

Call me Chief

Established Member
So I was stationed on an aircraft carrier back in 1968-1969 based in Long Beach, CA. USS Kearsarge, CVS-33. I'm still a Kearsarge Association member and the carrier duty is still a very memorable and cherished time of my life. I thought many times over the past few years about getting a custom license plate with CVS-33 but knew that it might already be used by someone else (maybe associated with CVS Pharmacy). In early February, I gave it a shot and applied through CT DMV. I was fortunate to find out that there had been a 'CVS-33' registered to someone else but they cancelled it back in 2023. Well, my application got approved and the plate showed up today in my mailbox. Made my day!! Here's a pic of it installed. No front plate needed, thank God!

View attachment 1840732
Lookin' good.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Thank you for your service Bob!!
Nice plate. Looks great on that awesome car. lol

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Thank you for your service!!

I had one vanity plate, that was relevant to my industry, and I decided that Im just not into them, so gave it to a colleague. This is subtle and most would never know what it was. Seems like a normal plate. Well done.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks everyone. One of the newer members of my church actually served on the same carrier at the same time. Same Division but he was a payroll clerk and I worked in the print shop. He never knew him personally back then, but I knew his face. Never knew he was from Connecticut. He's more into his past service on the Kearsarge than I am, and that's saying something. He's going to be really surprised tomorrow when I tell him about the new plate.

Users who are viewing this thread