Headlight assemblies for camcorder mounting

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
Hi guys ('n' gals) I'm going on track with the Mercedes folks at Summit this month and I've always wanted to custom mount a camcorder in a headlight assembly to make an ontrack roller-coaster-type video of some of the sessions. :pepper:

Anyone got one (or 2) headlight assemblies that are cracked and don't need them?

Let me know, I'm researching camcorders now.

Thanks!

Mike

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
EatonEggbeater said:
Hi guys ('n' gals) I'm going on track with the Mercedes folks at Summit this month and I've always wanted to custom mount a camcorder in a headlight assembly to make an ontrack roller-coaster-type video of some of the sessions. :pepper:

Anyone got one (or 2) headlight assemblies that are cracked and don't need them?

Let me know, I'm researching camcorders now.

Thanks!

Mike - As far as camcorders go, I would suggest Sony. They get rave reviews and I own one myself. The version I own (Sony DCR-TRV260) would barely fit in a headlight assembly. However, I think I know just the right camcorder to fit in one. Try the Sony DCR-HC32 or the Sony DCR-HC42. Mike (WraithCobra) has the HC32 and is very pleased with it, if I remember correctly. Whatever you buy as a camcorder, I highly suggest that it be a Sony as they seem to have the market cornered on quality.

As far as mounts, I use the StickyPod. I love it. It can be mounted to any smooth surface on your car (hood, quarterpanel, trunk, windshield, rear windshield, window, etc). I know you said you wanted it to be in your headlight, so this may not be what you're looking for. However, you could always mount it on the front of your hood and it would do just fine. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Hope this helps some :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread