Horrible Customer Service With BMR

98chromesvt

Established Member
Placed an order with BMR on Tuesday 5/6. I had not received any type of confirmation email by Friday 5/9. I decided to call BMR to see what was going on with my order. Rep notifies me that the only person that would have any information on my order was the shipping manager. The shipping manager had apparently left early for the day (11am). I was told the shipping manager would return my call Monday morning. Monday comes with no call from BMR. I call BMR on Tuesday 5/13, rep notifies me he will need to talk to this shipping manager and give me a call back. I wait 4hrs with no call from BMR, then call BMR back. New sales rep states the rep I had previously talked to left early for the day, (dentist appt) without looking into my order. I guess he couldn't have passed it off for someone else to look into. The new rep puts me on hold and talks to the shipping manager. He comes back and tells me the shipping manager is taking the blame for this one, as he just kept forgetting to check all week to see if they had the part in stock. He told me the part would be shipping from koni direct, and i would have a tracking number in the am. I ask to speak with a supervisor and rep states all are out for the day. I am told a supervisor will call first thing Wednesday (today) with a tracking number. I wait all day Wednesday, with no call from BMR. (8 days after my initial order) I demand to speak with a supervisor, and kelly picks up. Kelly was very apologetic and states he will call koni direct to resolve the issue. Kelly contacts koni to find out the shocks are on back order for 3 months +.

Throughout this entire process all i was offered was a free BMR T-shirt and that was only if i didn't cancel the order.

It just annoys me when companies state parts are in-stock and don't even have them, or can't even drop ship them.

Moral of the story, If american muscle doesn't have a part in stock, don't look to BMR.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Sorry to hear you had bad luck with them. I know Kelly is just the designer, so I'm sure he wished he could've gotten your parts to you being a fellow Mustang owner.

I would suggest contacting Hypermotive Performance to see if they have any.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Koni is notorious for having parts on back order. Have you been charged yet? Most companies don't charge until item is shipped. If that's the case, just cancel the order and move on.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm surprised you were charged. I know some companies do charge right away, especially if they have cash flow issues or if it is a special order. Sorry you had so many issues with your order. Hopefully BMR will take steps to ensure it doesn't happen to future customers. Good customer service is so important.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Sounds like your order fell through the cracks. It sucks, but it happens with all businesses occasionally. I'm sure Kelly will have no problem getting you a refund.

HandBanana

Established Member
Kelly is the man. Never did me wrong when I worked with him. Sorry to hear about your troubles but this shouldn't reflect on the company as a whole. I never had a bad dealing with BMR and they always were quick to attend to our issues. Hopefully this gets resolved for you.

ThomasL

Established Member
This is definitely not the norm for them. My experience with them recently has been top notch all around. Like others have said, you unfortunately fell through the cracks as happens with all companies at times.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I spoke with Kelly over the phone regarding suspension and he was really helpful and knowledgeable. Sorry your order fell through op.

Users who are viewing this thread