Next question - Chin Spoiler

03MACH150BP

2003 Mach1 Slowmatic
Established Member
I plan on using a 03/04 mach chin spoiler on the new 01 bumper. Looks like you either hold it back a bit to get it to fit to the edge by fenderwell or you install it flush and live with it being an inch short at the fender wells. Any tricks or different way to install this thing?

tbizzle

Established Member
you have to install it where it falls short on both sides by the fender, looks a little odd on the sides but it's not really noticeable. don't install it the other way where it's recessed, it looks terrible

killrSVT

Established Member
not to be a thread stealer but, I have thought about this mod also. Anyone have any pics of the chin on thier '01's?

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
Not a real Cobra, but you get the idea.
DSC01787.gif

IMG_0318.gif

IMG_0319.gif

killrSVT

Established Member
Nice pics.. I am convinced, no likey the chin. That hood set up caught my eye though.. It lines up pretty good with the 01 bumper cover. True Shaker scoop too?

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
looks better if you just leave it short at the wheelwells...there was a guy a couple years ago that bought two of them, and spliced on the sides to get the extra distance to get it to go all the way to the wheelwells...

Predatorbird

Established Member
you don't have to buy two chin spoilers, there was a thread awhile back about how to extend it. you cut two sections from the underside of the chin that bolts to the bumper between the mounting screws. i believe he glued the pieces together to extend it, but it wasn't very noticable. here is an example of the section you cut.

chin-spoiler-install-02.jpg

03MACH150BP

2003 Mach1 Slowmatic
Established Member
you don't have to buy two chin spoilers, there was a thread awhile back about how to extend it. you cut two sections from the underside of the chin that bolts to the bumper between the mounting screws. i believe he glued the pieces together to extend it, but it wasn't very noticable. here is an example of the section you cut.

My current spoiler is kinda funky anyway so I was going to get a new one for the 01 bumper. I think I might try that once its on.

So is the tape holding it on so you can mark the holes. Thats a good idea. I am going to get the chin fitted and holes drilled on the new bumper before it goes to paint so I am not drilling through fresh paint.

I wonder if when you order a new chin they send the mounting clips with it as well?

Last edited:

TrueBlueCobra01

SVT
Established Member

How can you glue it so that it is not noticeable? You can't really see it in your picture.

Predatorbird

Established Member
How can you glue it so that it is not noticeable? You can't really see it in your picture.

that pic was used for reference off the AM website to show which section you cut underneath the spoiler. yes it is noticable to extend the sides, but not too bad if done right.

03MACH150BP

2003 Mach1 Slowmatic
Established Member
where did u get ur bumper from and how much if u dont mind me asking

I bought the last OEM NIB Ford 01 bumper with Bezels and fogs from Blue Oval Industries. John gave me a smoking deal which I don't want to advertise. CJ Pony parts still list them on thier web site for like $489 plus shipping but not sure if they include bezels and fogs.

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb...~S2FF16710671511118532a~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000016d
http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1023886

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread