Well, that was humbling. BMW M4 competition.

SD_GT

Reformed 5.bro
Established Member
Makes sense. The new S58 motors are no joke. I got bullied by a friend's X3M from a 50 roll. All he has done is E60, DP, and tune. Granted, I've got shifting and cooling issues but even if my car was at 100% I still think he'd walk away from me. I'll be running him back once my car's sorted for comparison's sake.

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
Makes sense. The new S58 motors are no joke. I got bullied by a friend's X3M from a 50 roll. All he has done is E60, DP, and tune. Granted, I've got shifting and cooling issues but even if my car was at 100% I still think he'd walk away from me. I'll be running him back once my car's sorted for comparison's sake.

I have my 3.73s installed now and turn off all the nannies so I'd like another crack at him.

Going to add headers and a full exhaust hopefully this summer.

I'm around 650rwhp now.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I have my 3.73s installed now and turn off all the nannies so I'd like another crack at him.

Going to add headers and a full exhaust hopefully this summer.

I'm around 650rwhp now.
Headers will make a big difference, the stock manifolds are a joke. You should be close to 700whp on pump gas with headers. Even if you only did ID1300s and a KB 21 volt BAP to run E85, I'd think you'd hit 750whp

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t know exactly what they cost these days, but believe my Draggy was $150 a few years ago. They are great tools though.

I don’t know why Lidio would advise you to buy a Whipple and go to E85 if you’re only looking at making 730. I think you could do that with the OEM blower on 93 and minimal fuel mods. Do your homework here. It is my understanding the aluminum blocks are limited to a similar extent as the coyote block (at least Gen 1-2). I made 840rw on a Gen 2 coyote on e85, but was out of blower and advised that I was at the block’s limit. The tuners I have worked with much prefer to tune on e85… even at much higher power levels they have told me they feel much more comfortable. All that said, I have never used Lidio but he has a fantastic reputation. I have watched him race at Norwalk and he certainly seemed to know what he was doing with his own car :)

Its the rods not the block. The block is good to >1000. Get it sleeved and they are good for whatever you can throw at it.

68gtscode

Established Member
It’s the rods not the block. The block is good to >1000. Get it sleeved and they are good for whatever you can throw at it.
True, rods also become an issue, except they are relatively cheap. Sleeves are not cheap and can have their own issues… ask me how I know :)

EDIT- either way, the OP doesn’t need to worry about any of this with his HP goal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread