What would you do?

_Snake_

Established Member
If you were invited to interview for an internal position that you applied for but knew you were part of the “+2” requirement and not being selected for the job.

I considered declining and making them find someone else to be a pain in the ass, using it as practice, or going full Stepbrothers and wearing a Tuxedo.

I made the mistake of sharing that last one with my wife and she’s currently not speaking to me. :LOL:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Yep, I'm another vote for go and do well and be genuine. Always keep it positive in the work place. It can only benefit you.

The person you "think" they are going to select may have something else come up. You may impress them enough to select you. If nothing else they will know who you are, the content of your character and see you are definitely motivated and interested in seeking promotions in the company.

If you blow it off it could come back to bite you later. I know if I were doing the interviews and you declined I would definitely remember you for the wrong reasons.....

Call me Chief

Established Member
Wear a ladies pantsuit and eyeliner. Do not shave off your mustache/beard if you have one. When they ask you to tell why they should select you, tell them your partner talked you into applying. Or just dress like normal (or in a tux) and end the interview with "I am confident you will see I am the best quailified candidate. Allah akbar, salem alechem"

Morgan

Established Member
I'm not saying that I would do this nor that you should do this, BUT, do you know your colleague that is the #1?

If yes, perhaps take him/her/them to lunch and then plant seeds of doubt. For example, "Hey, I heard you were interested in this job. Why on earth would you want that headache? The boss is a huge jerk and slave driver, kiss your free time good bye, etc."

Then crush the interview.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
It may not open this door, but maybe the next. Be the best you can be.

Edit...I say that because I know it is the right thing to do. It isn't what I did at one point in my career. I was selected as Senior Sailor of the Quarter while on sea duty. I didn't respect my Chief's Mess so I declined. My Chief literally made me come into the Chief's mess with all the Chief's and "professionally" decline. This only reassured my passion not to be judged by them. I don't regret it, it was unheard of....but I'm an asshole so.

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
Yep, I'm another vote for go and do well and be genuine. Always keep it positive in the work place. It can only benefit you.

The person you "think" they are going to select may have something else come up. You may impress them enough to select you. If nothing else they will know who you are, the content of your character and see you are definitely motivated and interested in seeking promotions in the company.

If you blow it off it could come back to bite you later. I know if I were doing the interviews and you declined I would definitely remember you for the wrong reasons.....

Ya…you never know.

The head honcho might be getting canned any day

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread