Steeda Tri-Ax

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Just giving you guys a heads up that Steeda will be releasing a revised version of their Tri-ax shifter. My car was used to test fit the current model which did not work. There was a change in our shifters from 10-12 to 13-14 that made the current design not work. Steeda made the necessary adjustments and I currently have the shifter in my car.

Impressions:

-As quiet as stock
-Notchy feel, but its good. Very positive feedback when you engage the gear.
-It does not click, but you know you are in there.
-Throw is reduced by about 20-30 percent.
-It feels very good, easy shifts and takes away the rubber feel of the stock shifter.
-The Tri-ax allows you to retain your stock ball and handle. So no one would know you have a different shifter unless you said so or they tried it.

The only Con would be for those owners who are sensitive to feel. If you don't like notchy then don't get it. But for a performance car, I want to feel I am in gear. It allows more confidence in slamming a hard 1-2 shift without fear of grinding.

I know Barton and MGW are the popular brands, but after using it for quite a few miles today I highly recommend this product when it comes to market.

Also on a side note:

Steeda has also developed a 2.4 Pulley and CAI(130MM). Both are prototypes on my car and I have no negative feedback whatsoever. I have given them my opinion on any changes that should be made so those products could be popping up in a power pack soon ( my car's tune file will also be used a base for the canned tunes) I have been running this for a while and it drives great, like stock makes good power and the whine is noticeable!

That's all for now guys, just thought it would be good if you knew there were some other products out there to consider. :beer:

USV8PWR

Established Member
Sweet Devious! I'm interested in Steeda's CAI as their 2011-2012 design, which used a blue filter, was the closest to looking stock & keeping with the Blue theme of the engine bay. My biggest grip about the JLT CAI's are those reddish brown filters. I much prefer the "factory look" of a blue Airraid filter and FRPP resonator delete but would be open to something else such as Steeda if it looked close to the quality of what the factory would have put on (NO CARBON FIBER, etc.) and utilized a blue or yellow (as light yellow air filter was the factory color) option. My .02.

Keep us updated!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Sweet Devious! I'm interested in Steeda's CAI as their 2011-2012 design, which used a blue filter, was the closest to looking stock & keeping with the Blue theme of the engine bay. My biggest grip about the JLT CAI's are those reddish brown filters. I much prefer the "factory look" of a blue Airraid filter and FRPP resonator delete but would be open to something else such as Steeda if it looked close to the quality of what the factory would have put on (NO CARBON FIBER, etc.) and utilized a blue or yellow (as light yellow air filter was the factory color) option. My .02.

Keep us updated!

Yea the steeda intake looks like this:

20130409_142949_zps6924fc8e.jpg

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Well dam Devious. How in the bloody hell do you get a chance to always test Steeda toys ? I know they taped you for the H/E as well.

:)

The shifter sounds good. I had hope they have improved on the design, sounds like they got it right.

The CAI does not look bad at all. How does the pulley look ?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Well dam Devious. How in the bloody hell do you get a chance to always test Steeda toys ? I know they taped you for the H/E as well.

:)

The shifter sounds good. I had hope they have improved on the design, sounds like they got it right.

The CAI does not look bad at all. How does the pulley look ?

Lucky I guess....LOL

They tried the H/E and needed to makes changes to that also, but I am not running it as of yet

Here is a front view of the engine bay with pulley:

20130503_134602_zps7daae0d9.jpg

USV8PWR

Established Member
That looks great Devious! It's definitely the most stock looking aftermarket CAI out there IMO. I like that it uses a blue filter AND it does not have the product name etched onto it like JLT does. I do not want others seeing that it is a non-Ford part. :rockon:

Last edited:

LT5

Established Member
Devious,

Any chance in getting a photo of the inlet tube which is covered by the filter.
I searched Steeda's website, but no pics of the bell-mouth area.

If you can great and thanks.

Thinking about a possible stock box hybrid.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
update: these parts should be available to order now.

LT5, I will try at some point to remove the intake and snap some pics.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Looks great Snake. Is the Blue Filter Oiled or Non-oiled?? My experience with the Steeda Filters is they turn grey quickly, as they are oiled.... Nice Blue OEM look...

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Looks great Snake. Is the Blue Filter Oiled or Non-oiled?? My experience with the Steeda Filters is they turn grey quickly, as they are oiled.... Nice Blue OEM look...

Non-oiled. Thanks

edit: correction it might be oiled. I will update over time if the color remains.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread