2013/2014 Shelby GT500 Checklist....What issues to look for once delivered.

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
I have been reading alot of threads about issues people are having with there 13/14 Shelby's once they get the car. Lets start a list of items that all can check on their cars.

Thanks for the input!!

1. Unplugged intercooler pump.
2. Sticker on the drive-shaft.
3. Cracked goodyear tires.
4. ?????????

Snoopy49

Established Member
Over-filled brake/clutch reservoir.
Fluid levels in intercooler and radiator reservoirs.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Probably couldn't hurt to check the oil level, I've read some confusion on that.

Hadn't heard the drive shaft sticker item, hmmm?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
The cars leave the factory now without that sticker. It was an issue on early builds.

Make sure your three piece chin spoiler is in the trunk or installed.
Check your paint.

USV8PWR

Established Member
The cars leave the factory now without that sticker. It was an issue on early builds.

Make sure your three piece chin spoiler is in the trunk or installed.
Check your paint.

And if your car has the car cover option, be sure it was also placed in the trunk by the dealer. The car cover is shipped seperately and comes through the dealer's parts department. So if it cannot be otherwise located in the vehicle, be sure to check with the dealer's parts counter for your cover. Also, the car cover box is likely to say MY2010 on it (mine did). This is fine, Ford just did not update the boxes, and I'm not sure if they have done so by now.

Check for curbing on wheels and/or strap marks. Finally, see if the dealer has the build sheet that came with the car or look the car over for it.

ponygirl06

Established Member
I don't think I've seen this on any checklist. Check that the plaque for the niche builders is on the engine. A woman in my Mustang club bought a 2014 and we noticed the tag was missing. :shrug: She brought it to the dealer's attention and he got it for her. I doubt that would be missing from anyone else's car but you may want to check. She and her husband had two prior GT500's and a Terminator so they were familiar with the plaque on the engine. I think she only had the car a week or two before bringing it to a show and shine, but didn't notice the plaque was missing. Her whole family(husband and three adult children) are really into cars and they show several times a year, yet they didn't notice the missing plaque, who would think to check for that?

Snoopy49

Established Member
Also check for tire damage that was done on the transporter. The dealer only has 72 hours to report the damage and file a claim.

P4210470_zpsfd21dfb6.gif

P4210472_zps0774e7b8.gif

ObieFox

Established Member
Just to echo Snoopy, check your tires carefully for damage from the transporter. I noticed a couple "gouges" for lack of a better term, in the center of my tread. It looked to be from the traction titties on the steel transporter ramps etc... The GY are super soft and easily chunked.

5.0 guy

Established Member
Just to echo Snoopy, check your tires carefully for damage from the transporter. I noticed a couple "gouges" for lack of a better term, in the center of my tread. It looked to be from the traction titties on the steel transporter ramps etc... The GY are super soft and easily chunked.
I had the same issues on my rear tires with huge grooves on the treads, looked like they were spun hard when loading on the transport so they ordered new ones for me. I also noticed some major scratches in my paint but they were able to buff them all out. Looks like OP likes blk cars as much me!

1FASFKR

Established Member
I looked at a Blk/Blk just the other day when I went in for my first oil change that had a bubble under the driver side hood sticker. Pointed it out to the salesman and the dumba** poked the bubble with a pin and pressed his thumbs down to work it flat. I think he made it worse...

Last edited:

5.0 guy

Established Member
I looked at a Blk/Blk just the other day when I went in for my first oil change that had a bubble under the driver side hood sticker. Pointed it out to the salesman and the dumba** poked the bubble with a pin and pressed his thumbs down to work it flat. I think he made it worse...

;-)Yes I do!! They are just a Bit** to keep clean.

You Definately have to be an obsessive person when it comes to cleaning, out of 11 cars I just now bought my wife a 13 SRT 8 Jeep in grey in place of her blk Hummer because I couldn't keep up with her and the kids!
As far as the salesman messing with that cars paint that was meatball move and hopefully whomever buys it see's it in time to have it replaced under warranty.

AZGT500

Established Member
Had the tag on the driveline. Master Cylinder overfilled just a little over the full line. Had some seepage out of it . Took it to dealer to make sure there were no leaks.

railroad

Established Member
This can be minor and easily corrected , unless,,,,. Check the speaker grill on the lower side of the drivers door, mine had some scuffs from the movers and shakers getting in and out, striking it with their shoes. Mine buffed out, but,,.

Users who are viewing this thread