The new Cobra R for sale and want to buy thread

Cobra-R

Established Member
If you are looking to buy a Cobra R or have one to sell, this is where you list it. All new for sale threads created will either be deleted or moved into here.

Please keep discussions from cluttering up this thread since it gets to be alot of stuff to page through when your looking for something.

Thanks, Brian

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Last edited:

michaelm

Established Member
I live in Winnipeg and bought my 00R in North Carolina.

It was $3000 for transport.

I am a 6 hour drive from this 00R.............bummer, I would have bought this one if the price was $42,000.00 or less. And picked it up for free...........

Mike

Cobra-R

Established Member
This car appears to be struggling..............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...008QQitemZ180182185046QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Some/many people can't see past the "stick-on" and "bolt-on" stuff. To me, it "appears" (from what you can see in pictures) that it might be a nice car with a few personal touches that could easily be un-done, if desired.

R

That is 25 miles from me. If someone is seriously interested and want someone to take a look for them, I can help out. I do not know this particular car, I only make the offer because it is close to me.

Brian

svtguy

Established Member
That is 25 miles from me. If someone is seriously interested and want someone to take a look for them, I can help out. I do not know this particular car, I only make the offer because it is close to me.

Brian

Brian, look at the window sticker. It was originally sold at American Ford in Bloomington Mn. Hum?????

Paul.

michaelm

Established Member

Brian

This is a nice offer!

My wife has an internet friend in Mocksville, NC where my 00R was.

Her husband took 61 pics for me of the car before I bought it (eBay)

If it wasn't for him, I would have not bid on the car.

I paid $42,100.00 on 07/07/07

Michael Mark, P.Eng.:beer:

sdfrog177

Established Member
This one ended early, $25K was the last bid. Maybe it sold behind the scenes, maybe the seller did not see it realistically going to the amount of the reserve in the 1 day that was left in the auction??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...018QQitemZ280173814948QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

R

Nope, #13/250 ended up in my garage last night.
1995R.jpg
[/IMG]

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Nope, #13/250 ended up in my garage last night.
1995R.jpg
[/IMG]

Ahhhh, the first of my two guesses, "sold behind the scenes". Two factory fiberglass hood/fuel cell cars side by side in the same garage is a unique site.

Very nice, congrats!!!

Did the agreed price fall in the range I had mentioned?

R

Last edited:

michaelm

Established Member

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
it's not mine but a local auto place has a 2000 cobra r with 40,000 miles listed at $40k on the website; however, the latest print ad from auto guide has it at $36k firm.

and i don't know, or work for'em :)

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
it's not mine but a local auto place has a 2000 cobra r with 40,000 miles listed at $40k on the website; however, the latest print ad from auto guide has it at $36k firm.

Thanks for the link................

It will be nice when 35K-40K mile 2000 Cobra R's are bringing $40K, but that time is quite a ways off (years). Any knowledgeble buyer for one of these cars can find 00R's currently with half of that amount of miles (15K-20K miles) for $40K, and depending upon the seller maybe even 10K-15K miles can be had for $40K. If they truely want to sell that 00R, the asking/selling price will continue to drop. It is too bad that a tag holder had to be bolted to the rubber front bumper cover.

The 95R that is listed is also high, 24 original mile wrapper. That car "might" bring $33K-$35K in the current market, and in all reality $35K is high to most buyers right now.

R

Last edited:

bret a ewing

Established Member
Ahhhh, the first of my two guesses, "sold behind the scenes". Two factory fiberglass hood/fuel cell cars side by side in the same garage is a unique site.

Very nice, congrats!!!

Did the agreed price fall in the range I had mentioned?

R

Good Lookin'!!

Well,

Have you driven both in a side by side comparison?

What do you think? Pros and cons.

B.

sdfrog177

Established Member
Two very different cars in about all aspects. Except one,

best mustangs ever built on a ford assembly line.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Good Lookin'!!

Well,

Have you driven both in a side by side comparison?

What do you think? Pros and cons.

B.

Well clearly, the '95 is the "older and slower" R. ;-):poke::p

I'm one of the biggest 2000 Cobra R fans on the site and I just can't imagine someone driving a 2000 R for 40k?!!? :dw::eek:

I've got 13k miles on my car and want to pull the motor out before I blow it up! :idea:

He's a lot tougher than I am! :(

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
I'm one of the biggest 2000 Cobra R fans on the site and I just can't imagine someone driving a 2000 R for 40k?!!? :dw::eek:

I've got 13k miles on my car and want to pull the motor out before I blow it up! :idea:

He's a lot tougher than I am! :(

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:[/QUOTE]

Could it be that someone bought a '00R as their primary? That they could not actually make two cars work as in they could not afford more than just the one particularly if it was one as $$$$$$$$$ as an R?

Somebody bought one and then drove it. 40k is about three years of average driving.

I could be wrong, but from my information Dean put 22k on my "R" during his term and it had a full cage in it while he was driving it to town and back. I would think a street '00R would be more inviting that that.

Users who are viewing this thread