Focus ST Pics

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I went to the Austin Auto Show yesterday and to my surprise they had a Focus ST there. I definately had the wrong lens for my camera with me. I had not expected it to be there and did not expect to get the access I did.

It was on a display platform with signs all around it saying stay the hell off. I managed to find the guy in charge and he let me up on the platform and opened the car for me. I took a bunch of pics but as I said wrong lens so the interior shots are not that great. He told a few people that asked why I was up there that I was with the press LOL! I think my having an SVT Performance T-shirt on helped my case a bit. I meant to get back and take some pics of the front but got wrapped up in the simulator and some other stuff and when we left I forgot that I wanted to get more pics so, none of the front.

They also had a simulator there running the ST program. It has a choice between automatic and paddles .. I used the automatic but damn I may wind up installing the paddles if I wind up with one of these.

Seriously thinking about trading in my 2012 Titanium or my 04 mystichrome and getting one.

So as not to make one post so big I will post the pics up in a couple of posts.

Exterior Pics

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Focust ST Pics - Interior

Interior:

The two tone interior is NOT available with the 202a package only with the 200a. so you lose your HIDs and a few other things

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Focus ST Pics - engine and Trans

I didn't get to open the hood but they had an engine and automatic trans on the display. Right now you can ONLY order this in a manual setup but I found it interesting that the trans they were displaying was auto and the simulator was automatic as well.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Focus ST Pics - Simulator

So the simulator was a huge blast. I got to drive twice since my GF didn't want to drive. Pretty realistic movements to it too. They called the track "Nuremburg short" the average time was over two seconds. My first run was a 2.02 and my second was 1.58. I think if I could have spent more time there I could have got it down to 1.30 or so. the fastes up to that point was 1.39.

these guys were right before us. the old guys didn't drive so their son went twice.

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
They weren't shitting when they aimed for the GTI in many areas. That interior is nice. I'm not such a fan of the two-tone seats as I'd be aiming for 202a, but I'm really excited to either finally buy or get seat time in one. I'm kinda disappointed in the lack of RevoKnuckle, but that's ok too.

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
For the money this looks like a sweet daily to zip through traffic, get good mpg, and auto-x on the weekend.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
that tangerine scream never seems to look the same from pic to pic
part of that is the camera, part of it is the lighting, and part of it is the idiot behind the camera. it is a much better looking yellow in person. and probably the color I will get since it doesn't come in sonic blue

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
I've been looking at these for a DD for the wife. The yellow is not appealing to me but, did a color change on the Ford site and the white looks best to me and yes I am partial to white. The price is not too bad either.

dan_DiabloSport

This thing is awesome. I was considering one for a daily, not sure how safe the ST is with the bucket seats etc... need to fit like 3 baby seats in back, not sure if there's room. Guess I'm stuck with a mini van after all. Wish I could get one of these, seems like a really fun car.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
This thing is awesome. I was considering one for a daily, not sure how safe the ST is with the bucket seats etc... need to fit like 3 baby seats in back, not sure if there's room. Guess I'm stuck with a mini van after all. Wish I could get one of these, seems like a really fun car.
. There is not room for 3 baby seats in the back.

STB

cool, keep us posted how it goes. There seems to be quite a few people in the Austin Area that will be picking up ST according to the guys over at FocusST.org.

Ever check out the cobb tuning meets?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
cool, keep us posted how it goes. There seems to be quite a few people in the Austin Area that will be picking up ST according to the guys over at FocusST.org.

Ever check out the cobb tuning meets?
haven't done anything with the focus guys here in austin. would be interested tho. I went to the Red Poppy Festival in Georgetown this year with the cobra. Would be fun to get a bunch of Mustangs or a local Focus club involved in that. The mini cooper club has a dozen cars show up LOL

Users who are viewing this thread