Verizon takes a shot at Apple in new commercial

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
The rumors have finally been confirmed. Verizon will have at least 1 Android device in November with another one scheduled to arrive before the end of the year. Due out in November is the Motorola Sholes. Similar is design to the T-Mobile G1. Specs are supposed to be through the roof.

Here's a video of the Verizon commercial that aired for the first time yesterday.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPYM-XTqcec"]YouTube - iDon't[/ame]

Also, here's a link with some photos of the Motorola device and the rumored HTC device.

Can Verizon's Motorola 'Droid' Live Up to the Hype? - PC World

Mysterious HTC Android device is… mysterious : Boy Genius Report

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2t94e_f0Ec&feature=related"]YouTube - Verizon ad: There's a map for that[/ame]

That's another Verizon commercial I saw Saturday on TV targeting the iPhone.

50 Proof

Established Member
The iPhone is nothing special, it's just the current trendy thing to have. It's no secret that AT&T sucks major ass, it's no secret that voice quality on an iphone is just ok but not great, but people still pay $100+ for crappy service and a mediocre phone. Why? Because it's trendy. Remember what happened when iPods first came out?

The iPhone is nothing special and it does nothing special aside from the fact that it's touch screen. But what's funny is that touch screen phones are purely for cosmetic reasons because you want to look cool. There's nothing fantastically functional about not having a physical keyboard on a phone. Everyone who has an iPhone knows how bad it sucks to do a simple text on their phone, whether they admit it or not.

Bottom line is, the only game changing thing that the iPhone brought to the market was their touch screen technology combined with an mp3 player/phone. Everything else the iPhone does, I've been doing on sprint and verizon smart phones since before AT&T even had a much of a 3g network. Then the iPhone comes out and people are like wow, I can check movie times and weather and browse the web on my phone. Um yea duh, blackberry, palm, and winmo phones have been capable of doing this for a long time now. It's just that the functionality wasn't rolled up into a cute girly trendy phone.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
quick, be quiet. People might actually think you know what you're talking about.

Verizon has the largest 3g and EVDO network in the U.S. :lol:

YOU my friend are misinformed. Verizon only calls it "3G" because its a gimmick, they only have EVDO. 3G coverage is only for GSM companies because of quad band technology, such as HSDPA, and UHSDPA and so on. Verizon Only has EVDO because they are a single band network

I find it funny verizon is cracking on AT&t about 3g coverage. Wait till their HSDPA/UHSDPA network goes online in 2010 and well see who's laughing :lol:

Oh and verizons "3g" network does not allow data and voice at the same time, whereas my old Razr z3x could do video conferencing on AT&Ts network.

Last edited:

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
Right, my cousin who authorizes the build of EVERY phone they make and is the designer of the RAZR couldn't get one:rollseyes

oh wow your cousin designed the worst phone ive ever owned, props to you man thats incredible.
YOU my friend are a retard. 3G coverage is only for GSM companies because of quad band technology, such as HSDPA, and UHSDPA and so on. Verizon Only has EVDO because they are a single band network

I find it funny verizon is cracking on AT&t about 3g coverage. Wait till their HSDPA/UHSDPA network goes online in 2010 and well see who's laughing :lol:

Im in no way a verizon fan, however ive got a verizon phone and an at&t phone and having sat on the Texas coast through hurricanes and traveled all over North America they both have good and bad points, at&t's 3g is absolutely terrible and the iphone is a piece of shit. i hate proprietary software and android is the new big thing, its as close to freedom as you can get when it comes to cellphone technology and i like it, however i HATE motorola.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
oh wow your cousin designed the worst phone ive ever owned, props to you man thats incredible.

Im in no way a verizon fan, however ive got a verizon phone and an at&t phone and having sat on the Texas coast through hurricanes and traveled all over North America they both have good and bad points, at&t's 3g is absolutely terrible and the iphone is a piece of shit. i hate proprietary software and android is the new big thing, its as close to freedom as you can get when it comes to cellphone technology and i like it, however i HATE motorola.

he DESIGNED the phone, he didnt make its features.

i am not a AT&T fan, but i find it funny when retards try to act like they know what they are talking about, cell phones are pretty much my second life so i make it my business to know these things. We will see how it plays out for motorola, but since i talk to my cousin on a daily basis if he didnt mention the phone to me then its probably not going to be that great.

Last edited:

50 Proof

Established Member
YOU my friend are a retard. 3G coverage is only for GSM companies because of quad band technology, such as HSDPA, and UHSDPA and so on. Verizon Only has EVDO because they are a single band network

wow! At first I thought you were messing around but I think you're trying to be serious.

Before you make yourself look stupid, you might want to first edit your posts, then read up a bit, and then respond to this thread with your new found education. I'll help you get started...

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3G"]3G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Verizon rolls out faster 3G - Network World

:read:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
wow! At first I thought you were messing around but I think you're trying to be serious.

Before you make yourself look stupid, you might want to first edit your posts, then read up a bit, and then respond to this thread with your new found education. I'll help you get started...

3G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Verizon rolls out faster 3G - Network World

:read:

:lol: you just proved my point further, that website considers it 3g but its not, EVDO and HSDPA are two totally different things and are NOT in the same family, nice try though.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Verizon has to put say negative things about other companies to try and sell stuff... its really sad.

Users who are viewing this thread