What next gen console will you purchase?

Which console?

• PS4

Votes: 113 48.5%
  • Xbox one

Votes: 36 15.5%
  • Pc

Votes: 16 6.9%
  • Both

Votes: 18 7.7%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Will not buy anything

Votes: 49 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
With news about the xbox one coming to light and the ps4 to be unveiled June 10th, are you set on a console yet? You can wait till after the 10th to cast a vote.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
all depends on price for me. i dont play that much so i dont need to plunk down big $ to get one right away. i dont mind waiting and still enjoying the 360 for a while.

and then there's the whole restrictions deal on top of that......

edit: poll should have "undecided" on it

WishIHadSVT

Established Member
None, I'm out.

Majority of games I buy are used and MS has this garbage "subscription" policy coming up on used and new games.

Zemedici

Established Member
^^ exactly, MS is basically doing away with the used game market as you have to be connected to the internet to play your games, as they can verify the game's license or something of the sort. MS is turning more and more money hungry, I saw a leaked ad for the XB1 that said it was gonna retail for $799.99.

That's insane, for what? A new graphics engine, "the ability to turn on my tv", it to be NOT backwards compatible, no new release games aside from EA sports games. EA is already boning their customers with the "EA license" you have to buy to play online.

PS4 for me, the PS3 does everything the XB1 is going to do, so the PS4 can only improve. Aside from the stupid screen on the controller....

crew_dawg16

Established Member
I'm not a big console gamer, so I will go and buy my PS3 games from GameStop when needed and continue to use it for streaming video and Blu-Ray playback.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I'm not a big console gamer, so I will go and buy my PS3 games from GameStop when needed and continue to use it for streaming video and Blu-Ray playback.

This, but ill be doing the same with my 360.

Until they stop supporting said consoles with updates, which im sure they will within 3-6mo after new consoles releases.

FordGTGuy

Established Member
Where is the wait for after E3 and pricing option?

This, but ill be doing the same with my 360.

Until they stop supporting said consoles with updates, which im sure they will within 3-6mo after new consoles releases.

Actually no they are supporting the X360 for years to come, they are even make a Fable HD remake for Xbox 360, same goes for PS3.

They might not be the newest consoles coming up but they will have way more marketshare that can be sold games.

Ebeeson0502

Slowbra
Established Member
Its always best to wait 6-12 months before buying a new console.

Allows them to work out all the bugs and of course price will be done as well so you are more likely to get a better off machine with a better price.

paynecasey

Established Member
Really it should be "which console will you be buying first?" Some of us will be buying all three. I will be picking up the PS4 1st and later get an Xbox One. I will get a Wii U when it's less then $150 and has a library. Only a fool would buy that piece of shit right now with its eight year old tech.

paynecasey

Established Member
Its always best to wait 6-12 months before buying a new console.

Allows them to work out all the bugs and of course price will be done as well so you are more likely to get a better off machine with a better price.

Honestly wait till next years Black Friday. That is when you should always buy consoles.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
XB1 for me. i doubt there will be much of a difference between the two consoles in graphics, performance(very similar hardware in both machines), and feature set(they'll of course be one-upping each other, and these new consoles will likely be much more open to adding major features via firmware), so i gotta go with the one that i'm already tied to(have had an XBL account since the OG xbox, FM is my favorite game series, etc.).

^^ exactly, MS is basically doing away with the used game market...

...I saw a leaked ad for the XB1 that said it was gonna retail for $799.99.

That's insane, for what?

...it to be NOT backwards compatible...

...no new release games aside from EA sports games.

...the PS3 does everything the XB1 is going to do....
publishers are doing away with the used game market, as it is up to them to decide how used games will be handled.

LMAO, yea bro, i'm real sure the manufacturers are already printing adds for a product that won't even be released for another 5-6 monts:lol:

uhh, a brand new console using VERY expensive hardware, most of which is custom designed solely for this singular console(microsoft will take a loss for years on the XB1, before making a profit in the long run, just like the 360, PS3, and PS4).

the PS4 won't be backwards compatible at release either:idea: sony is working on cloud-based emulation - I.E., you will have to be connected to the internet to play PS3 games on your PS4

LMAO, are you kidding?! yea bro, no new release games for the XB1. at all.

the PS3 can't even do everything the 360 can, let alone what the XB1 will be able to do:dw:

if you don't like it, that's fine, but that's no reason to spread lies that other people might actually believe. and, anyone considering ANY of these consoles should get on google themselves to find first hand information instead of relying on posts on a damn car website to sway your opinion.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
I haven't a clue of which one is going to be better. I have a PS3 now and really like it. Hopefully some of you more tech savvy guys will chime in about which one is better.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I haven't a clue of which one is going to be better. I have a PS3 now and really like it. Hopefully some of you more tech savvy guys will chime in about which one is better.
much like the PS3 vs the 360, the PS4 has a slight edge in hardware, but the difference likely won't be noticeable when it comes time to actually play a game(just like it wasn't with the 360 and PS3).
but that's about all we can say right now. we know a lot about the XB1 and sony has a LOT to tell about the PS4, so, unless you're a completely retarded fanboy, no one knows which will actually be "better". read THIS to learn a lot of the details about the XB1.

Users who are viewing this thread