read this thread for answers to the rumours about the new mgw handle....

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
yes guys,

after getting some very helpful feedback from terminator owners i have finally made a pretty nice design mod to the mgw shifter. not really ground breaking but substantial nonetheless.

basically the only peaves have been more with cosmetics of how the boot fits and looks and also of which handle to get. so i tackled the first issue by basically lowering the center shaft on the shifter down so the boot would not have the camel hump look so bad. then i changed the angle on the handle. the result was actually being able to offer the sport handle blue hieght with the red handle crusiers reach. now no need for 2 handles. i also VERY slightly tapered the bolt towards the driver about 8 degrees . this gives a bit more natural feel.

here is a pic...

newhandlecomparo.jpg

regards
george

TRBO VNM

very nice George, now more money to spend. :beer:

BTW, this is Jason Roth. Everything working flawlessly.

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
WUTWINE said:
very nice George, now more money to spend. :beer:

BTW, this is Jason Roth. Everything working flawlessly.

good deal. glad it is working well!!! i think this new design may also lend itsdelf to giving the driver more control " or FEEL" when shifting since it anchors the handke even closer to the actual pivot point. maybe something that will help that 3-4 shift and 2-3 shift even more

regards
george

360R

Established Member
How much are you offering the new handle to? Any price breaks for the guy who already have the shifter. Thanks man, looks nice cant wait to try it out.

Big_Torch

Banned
the sport handle height? im confused now,

Will the new handle have a shorter throw than the existing red handle?

Same as blue handle but more comfortable and more pleasing to the eye in regards to the boot?

03SBGT

Established Member
Looks good George, I will have another handle to add to my collection, lol.

Im with the other poster, any discounts for customers who already have the shifter??

JJ

GodStang

Established Member
Quick question: I live across the river from yall and was wondering yall have stuff on display I can come look at. My buddy got some parts for his Z06 and I was interested and looking at some of yalls stuff.

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
guys,

those who already have our shifter must use the red or blue as the main reason why we converted to one handle is due to lowering the backside of the shifter. look closely at the center shaft on each and you will see what i mean.

this is an evolutionary change that basically incorporates the 2 handles into one. i could not do this without actually changing the shifter design.

i know that that sounds like a bummer for those that have bought the shifter already but i really feel that the older design is just as good just required more investment for both. i do not think it lessens the merit of the shifter overall one bit. everything improves with time and we are just a very aggressive company when it comes to cusotmer feedback.

those that have the previous shifter will still need the blue handle for short height and the red for better reach.

hope this helps.

george

p.s. oh and yes we welcome any walkin cusotmers. we do not have an actual showroom as we are a manufacturer but we do have stuff that can be looked at and sold/installed here.

svtxchinoy

Established Member
MGW, thanks for the call. Glad I waited the extra week for this. Had no idea you guys had a new shifter design in the works. Can't wait to try it out. Great service.

Last edited:

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
guys,

the website will updated in aboutr a week but just to let everyone know that effective this week ALL shifter orders will be the new design with the new handle.

also, anybody with an older desiogn shifter that just has to have this new design you do not need to buy a whole new shifter. if you can handle the hassle of shipping the shifter back to us i can actually upgrade it by doing the following...

1. change out the center shaft with the new design.

2. put brand new springs in.

3. fit new orange handle to shifter.

4. fit new sphere pivot as well.

5. shipping ups ground back to you.

price to do this including the new shifter handle AND shipping back ground ups
would cost $ 75.00.

thats alot of dough but it really is VERY close to just cost. again i really do not think it would be money well spent as this is not a HUGE DRASTIC big time improvement over the previous design. the main 2 reasons for even doing it are...

1. to make the boot look a little better when installled.
2. to avoid having to buy 2 handles for different preferences.

regards
george

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
Can we just box it up and send it to you or do we need some sort of RMA number? How do we do the payment?

Users who are viewing this thread