-pics- HDR pics of the 10th

bubbrubb

I've been enjoying driving the car around the past few weeks in its "business" socks, so to speak. The true forged rims are off because I wanted to clean the inside of the rim, and more importantly because I'm going to be putting some black center caps on them soon... so I thought I'd take the opportunity to take some pictures of the car with the anniversary wheels on :)

As far as the HDR pictures go, these were done by taking 3 exposures (-2, metered, +2) and merging them in photomatix and doing a little bit of touching up in photoshop on a couple of pictures. Some of the pictures came out great, some kinda lack luster, but either way it was interesting to play around and try to learn some new photography skills.

I can post the non HDR shots too if you guys would like, but I don't have them uploaded at this time. Let me know what numbers & I'll get around to it sooner or later.

photomatixHDR1mid.jpg

IMG_5057_8_9.jpg

IMG_5025_6_7.jpg

IMG_5084_5_6mid.jpg

IMG_5022_3_4.jpg

IMG_5010_1_2.jpg

IMG_5016_7_8.jpg

Comments, criticism and advice are all welcome :beer:

Reloaded

Torque-a-licious
Established Member
HOLY ****. Those are some absolutely gorgeous pics! My god, I love them! I'm almost speechless here. Man those head-on shots, especially the first one, are surreal. Great stuff!!!!

Vinyl

Your HIDs blind others
Established Member
Thank god you didn't go too overboard and make the HDR pics look like coloring pencil. It's still a tad much for me, personally, but the car looks good!

What camera/lens setup did you use for these?

silverstang23

Established Member
the first one is my favorite.

you said you were using photomatix to merge the photos and editing them in photoshop. You can merge the photos in photoshop too. There is a merge to HDR program

Jfoster

Established Member
Same here - they are all pretty cool but the first one takes the cake. Nice.

Would you mind sending me a high-res version of the first one? jeffat93coupedotcom

Thanks

bubbrubb

the first one is my favorite.

you said you were using photomatix to merge the photos and editing them in photoshop. You can merge the photos in photoshop too. There is a merge to HDR program

Me too, thats why its 1st :)

Photomatix HDR's have a lot more pop than what I've been able to make in CS3's feature. CS3 seems to come out as a relatively bland picture, where as the photomatix versions come out darker, more saturated, and much more vivid - all of which can be changed depending on how dramatic you want it to look, which I prefer. With CS3 I use local adaptation and don't play with the curves too much, dunno if that is where I went wrong or not, but I've found photomatix to give me better results and more tweaking within the tone mapping feature. Like I said, I may very well be using the cs3 program wrong. If I am, let me know where I'm going wrong!! :beer:

bubbrubb

Thank god you didn't go too overboard and make the HDR pics look like coloring pencil. It's still a tad much for me, personally, but the car looks good!

What camera/lens setup did you use for these?
yeah, some are still way over the top compared to the originals, but my mistake was in the actual photographing itself. I managed to focus a couple of them on a very highlighted part of the car or something that made everything come out much darker than I had though, and I didn't notice til today :(

Camera was a canon digital rebel xt with a tamron 28-300 lens. I love the lens for its versatility, but I had to let a couple of shots go because of some lens flare. Oh well, you live and you learn. Still love the lens, despite a few of its short comings.

Same here - they are all pretty cool but the first one takes the cake. Nice.

Would you mind sending me a high-res version of the first one? jeffat93coupedotcom

Thanks
What size resolution do you want?

I'll host it so everybody can get it. I think its a pretty sick picture and I'm sure you won't be the only one that uses it :beer:

Vinyl

Your HIDs blind others
Established Member
What size resolution do you want?

I'll host it so everybody can get it. I think its a pretty sick picture and I'm sure you won't be the only one that uses it :beer:

I'd like the version that's upwards of 2000 pixels wide. :)

bubbrubb

background sizes

Since it sounds like you guys like these shots, I'm going to host the following sizes of that first picture for you guys
-3465x2304(full size)
-1920x1280
-1680x1120
-1280x853
-1050x700

If there is another picture you want, let me know & I'll resize and host it for you.

PM me for the high resolution pictures, let me know which size you want :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread