I hit a wall...

ZorbaCobra

Μεγάλο πέος
Established Member
...performance wise. The car has 70,000 miles and whats on the sig. I can't afford to go FI and would love to have power off bottle. The car has had all the necessary maintenance done, from the PCV valve to the fuel filter and it runs strong.

Any ideas on what should be next ?

Last edited:

F8L BYT

Established Member
Longtubes and imrc deletes, maybe a short runner intake also.... but if I were your I would just spray it and have more fun for cheaper :D

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
diy shortrunner and spray.. you can always sell the nitrous stuff when your ready for a blower

ZorbaCobra

Μεγάλο πέος
Established Member
Thank you very much for the responses guys. Lots of thinking and research to do. Regardless of the decision, I need to start putting some good money aside.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
If its real power you want, save the money and just get a KB.. one can be had for 2k complete.

ZorbaCobra

Μεγάλο πέος
Established Member
IMRC deletes, short runner intake, & retune.

Should put you well over 300rwhp.

So far the short runner intakes I have seen out there seem to be either HIGH dollar (over $1,000) make them not worth it for a N/A car, or used stock units ported and shortened at some guys garage...Are there any other options out there that I can't find ?

SVTCobra306

Established Member
So far the short runner intakes I have seen out there seem to be either HIGH dollar (over $1,000) make them not worth it for a N/A car, or used stock units ported and shortened at some guys garage...Are there any other options out there that I can't find ?

I'd take NA SVT's "garage" short runner over some of the "shop" work I've seen.. just because someone doesn't have a big shop name doesn't always mean it's not professional work, there's dudes out there building stuff in their free time that have some skills :)

My vote is suspension and brakes.. all the HP in the world is useless if it's no fun to drive and you can't stop...

Last edited:

luke87gt

Established Member

Oh brother... It's a short runner intake, not brain surgery.

You remove the runners, cut 1.5" off each one and reinstall. Maybe clean up some casting flash and imperfections while you are in there.

Contact NA SVT as he seems to have done several around here with good results.

ZorbaCobra

Μεγάλο πέος
Established Member
Oh brother... It's a short runner intake, not brain surgery.

You remove the runners, cut 1.5" off each one and reinstall. Maybe clean up some casting flash and imperfections while you are in there.

Contact NA SVT as he seems to have done several around here with good results.

Hey man...I am a pencil-pushing bookkeeper lol. Throw me regular maintenance issues: filters, hoses, belts, plugs, wires, and I can handle them easy but that is off my abilities.

The more I think about it, the more I see some purple nozzles creeping up my way...but we'll see...Thanks for all the responses so far.

F8L BYT

Established Member
x2 you read my thoughts

Great minds think alike :beer:

I'd take NA SVT's "garage" short runner over some of the "shop" work I've seen.. just because someone doesn't have a big shop name doesn't always mean it's not professional work, there's dudes out there building stuff in their free time that have some skills :)

Couldn't have said it any better :thumbsup:

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
You could get the MMR intake manifold spacer. They claim stupidly ridiculous gains which i don't really by, but it might put you over 300rwhp for another $100

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Ok Cookie, tell me where I could get one for 2K, that's what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Kenne bell 1.5's.. Ive seen them as low as 1600 to 3k...

[ame=http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1249522]For Sale 96-98 cobra Kenne Bell 1.5 2500.00 obo - Corral.net : Ford Mustang Forums[/ame]

Last edited:

ratfinkron

Established Member
I love KB but they are not a good deal for the 96-98 Cobra's because they don't offer an after/inner cooler or what ever you want to call it. I have not seen good numbers from them unless your setup to spray water/meth then you can see better numbers but still not as good as a say Vortech s-trim or Procharger p1-sc but you will spend a little more for the power. Just my .02

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I love KB but they are not a good deal for the 96-98 Cobra's because they don't offer an after/inner cooler or what ever you want to call it. I have not seen good numbers from them unless your setup to spray water/meth then you can see better numbers but still not as good as a say Vortech s-trim or Procharger p1-sc but you will spend a little more for the power. Just my .02

A KB is prefect for a stock motor, its simple to install and far less complicated than a vortech or procharger as I have had both (blower spacing issues, belts slipping, or shreading or jumping, oil drain and feed lines (vortech), intercooler piping popping off, the added weight ect..

KB may not have the ability to achieve high HP like a centrifical but for good performance thats streetable they are great.

Someone who says "what ever you want to call it", I would take their opinion with a grain of salt.

Dont get me wrong, my p1sc, d1sc and t trim are/were lots of fun, but for a stock motor I'd get a 1.5 or 2.1 KB with some 3.73's.

Also, that MMR spacer is junk untill I see proven gains. Anyone can fab a chunk of metal and make claims. Lets see a dyno, intall the spacer and dyno again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread