2004 KB Mystic Cobra vert $19k in Houston

davidbcasey

Established Member
I am considering selling my cobra and getting back into a z06. The car is in great condition for its age and mileage. I am the second owner. I bought the car from a middle aged guy in Florida when the car had 30k miles. It was completely stock except for exhaust when I bought it. I added the mods listed below. The car now has 80k miles but still runs like it has 30k. I just installed a KB2.2 and had it tuned. During this install, I checked the compression and all cylinders over 155psi. The car has no ticks or other abnormal engine noise. The car was daily driven since I got it 3yrs ago (didnt want to put miles on my E55) and I rarely boosted the car. I am a 40yr old ER physician and just like having the power when needed but I dont beat on my cars.
I dont need to sell it and may decide to just keep it but if someone wants it then I may sell it.

Mods:
Polished Kenne Bell 2.2 with 3.25upper and 2lb lower making 18-19psi
Tuned by Eric Brooks AFR 11.6 with 18* timing
LFP single blade TB (black anodized)
JLT RAI painted mystic with new filter
JLT PCV prefilter
60lb injectors
KB BAP
SCT BA2600 MAF
Borla Stinger cat back
H&R SS springs
Spec 3+ clutch with Fidanza FW
MGW Orange shifter with Kirban billet knob
SSR GT3 wheels 18x9 18x10.5
BFG KDW 295/35/18 rears with 60% and Nexxen 265/35/18 fronts with 80%
Autometer Lunar FP and boost on A pillar in SOS dual pod
AEM wideband on steering column
Brand new FMS Cobra calipers with stainless lines with new Powerstop slotted rotors and EBC pads all around
New OEM headlights (old ones were cloudy)

Items new in box waiting install...
-MM CC plates
-MM full length SFCs
-Even Flow head cooling mod

Problems...
-like all of these verts, the top has a small leak. This can easily be patched but I just havent gotten around to it since I dont drive it in the rain and it stays in the garage. Only time it leaks is when I wash it.
-small, quarter sized defect in clear coat on front bumper
-a couple very small rock chips which is expected on a car of this mileage
-both Lunar gauges' lights are going out, but the gauge still works. By the time someone buys this thing it will have new Speedhut gauges in their place.

I do not have dyno numbers but the guy I bought the blower from made 618/580 with the same pulley combo I have. The blower had 4k miles and was sent to KB for a seal/bearing replacement before going on my car.

Things I would do if I kept it...
-Afco triple fan heat exchanger
-install above parts
-aftermarket catted H pipe
-FTB IRS bushings and IRS brace (wheel hop sucks)

Price...
I feel that $19k is a fair price for this car. I am firm on the price as I am thinking about keeping it anyway. I may consider interesting trades of equal or higher value...I could add cash if needed for the right vehicle.

The car pulls much harder than the ported combo I had on before. It is very fun to drive and with summer coming, someone could have a nice car to cruise around with the top down. The car has been to the track only once and that was with the ported blower. This car isnt a track car. It is a daily driver/weekend car.

I have the title.

Thanks for looking...if I am forgetting anything I will update the thread.

Edit: Forgot to add that the engine was replaced with a new Ford unit back when the car had 20k miles. I believe that it was an injector issue or something. Anyway, the engine only has about 60k miles.

20z7axg.jpg

302rotj.jpg

2pshnog.jpg

ra55yo.jpg

bh0xuq.jpg

2sbx53s.jpg

Gt04

4v gone 2v
Established Member
if you still have this in 2-3 weeks i will try to get my funding together when i go on my leave from this deployment. I would love to get my hands on this.

Users who are viewing this thread