FT 2002 Saleen with GT500 swap T56

syclone50

Established Member
I know this is a long shot but I would consider a trade for a unique 03-04 cobra, no verts please. Here is my car:

This is a genuine 2002 Saleen with 59xxx miles on the body. Everything else was upgraded or new when I did the conversion. Everything was done right and not hacked up.

There are only a few of these conversions running around and this is by far the cleanest one out there. It looks factory. Has cobra dark insert cobra seats. Huge 14" brakes. Car has factory blower from the 2013 shelbys and looks killer. Makes 630rwhp on 91 @15lbs on a VERY conservative dyno in my area.

I did this swap to be different and again there are not many of these out there. My last car was an 03 cobra with a full Saleen body kit. This time I wanted a genuine Saleen and a drivetrain you dont see everyday. If you want a killer looking unique car that runs awesome, here it is.

Inside I would give the interior a 8.5/10 only for a bit of wear on the drivers outside bolster which is expected but it isnt bad at all. I am very picky and probably making it sound a lot worse than it is. There is VERY little wear on the seats. The carpet is clean and believe it or not the car still smells new inside. I just installed a very nice stereo system in it including Focal speakers, infinity amp, and pioneer double din head unit. The guages are AEM wideband and Boost gauge and a aeroforcetech scan gauge.

T56 has 10xxx miles and was built with billet slides, bronze pads, and carbon blocking rings.
Spec Stage 2+
Fore hat w/twin GT pumps
Motor was 5xxx miles on it and has Ford GT rods and ARP hardware.
Brake calipers are Ford GT with GT500 14" rotors.
4.10 gears
MM CC plates
MM bumpsteer kit
MM coilovers
Granitelli Tubular front end
Tires are basicaly new with 305 nitto DRs in the rear
Car needs nothing and has no mechanical issues. Does not leak or burn oil.
Been to the track one and ran an 11.01 @129. This is at 4800 feet and granny shifting. At sea level this is an easy mid 10 second car and still gets 23 mpg on the freeway.
Clean title, no accidents. I am the second owner and he was 60 years old. Car was stock when I bought it. The only paint work was I had the front bumper repainted because of rock chips. It matches perfect.
I have a ton of pics during the build for anyone interested.
Price is $30,000.

Here is a link to it on the dyno
2002 GT500 powered Saleen Mustang - YouTube

Here it is at the track this was the 11.03 running against my buddys 2010 2.9 whippled shelby
2002 Saleen Mustang with GT500 conversion Dragstrip 2012 - YouTube
k91c.jpg

a8ce.jpg

qeyn.jpg

d3a4.jpg

hgyr.jpg

3ogk.jpg

3x3h.jpg

Last edited:

cobra187

"If you ain't first, you're last" -Ricky Bobby
Established Member
This thing is BA. I love it. Would look even better with some polished CCW SP500s on it and 335s out back. Nice car man. GLWS.

roberthamm

Established Member
So awesome. I love that you didn't resort to a triple gauge pillar. They look much better near the wheel like that.

Svtmustang01

Established Member
Looks sick!!! Just did a termi conversion in my gt sometimes i wonder if I shouldnt have just gone with a GT500 swap. Either way good luck on the sale looks amazing!!!

Users who are viewing this thread