‘18MY 350R Production

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thank you!
I'm assuming it is the same for Canada. Anyone have any experience with delivery in the cold with the slick like tires?

They will be very hard. Be careful.

oldmachguy

Established Member
yup.. cried like a girl that day...

We were there that day - in the grandstands across from the podium.
Ital.GP.1.jpg

But we didn't know he had announced his retirement until later, since we didn't see the televised post-race interviews.

Kimi stole the pole from him at the very end of Q3, but MS still won. Hard to believe he's gone.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
We were there that day - in the grandstands across from the podium.
View attachment 1436593

But we didn't know he had announced his retirement until later, since we didn't see the televised post-race interviews.

Kimi stole the pole from him at the very end of Q3, but MS still won. Hard to believe he's gone.

remember that race like yesterday.. Schumi was and still is my hero!! Side note i'll be at Monza next September for F1 race!!

oldmachguy

Established Member
remember that race like yesterday.. Schumi was and still is my hero!! Side note i'll be at Monza next September for F1 race!!

Sweet!

We went again in 2009, and would love to go next year. That is absolutely the coolest venue for a race. Germans, Ausies, Brits, everyone is there, and the locals all dress up on race day. And even the trackside food is amazing. When I asked them how come the food was so good (after explaining how the hot dogs at the ball park have been boiling for three days, and burgers in tin foil ...), they looked at me like I was an idiot and said, "We come here to have a good time, why would we want shitty food?" :rolleyes:

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Sweet!

We went again in 2009, and would love to go next year. That is absolutely the coolest venue for a race. Germans, Ausies, Brits, everyone is there, and the locals all dress up on race day. And even the trackside food is amazing. When I asked them how come the food was so good (after explaining how the hot dogs at the ball park have been boiling for three days, and burgers in tin foil ...), they looked at me like I was an idiot and said, "We come here to have a good time, why would we want shitty food?" :rolleyes:

Pm me the best seat to sit in.. I live south about 6 hrs from the track. I'm going to drive up with mt Fiat Punto so maybe you can give me some idea's on hotel and seating @ track..thanks !!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Michael Schumacher wasn't that great of a driver compared to his peers. He just bullied his way around the track. He was the Dale Earnhardt, Sr. of Formula 1. Always bitching when another driver wouldn't yield their position to him, and would force other drivers off the track in a heartbeat and act like it was the other guy's fault.

It was more the Ferrari cars he was driving than it was him. Remember how horrible he was when he made his brief return from retirement? If I remember correctly, he wasn't able to win or even podium in a single race. Obviously, he blamed the cars.

oldbmwfan

Established Member
Michael Schumacher wasn't that great of a driver compared to his peers. He just bullied his way around the track. He was the Dale Earnhardt, Sr. of Formula 1. Always bitching when another driver wouldn't yield their position to him, and would force other drivers off the track in a heartbeat and act like it was the other guy's fault.

It was more the Ferrari cars he was driving than it was him. Remember how horrible he was when he made his brief return from retirement? If I remember correctly, he wasn't able to win or even podium in a single race. Obviously, he blamed the cars.
Huh. That's an interesting perspective. In F1, of course, there are real differences in speed across the field as they are less "balanced" vs. Nascar (spec) or most sports car classes with BoP penalties. I think the most relevant data point is speed relative to one's teammate, in (ostensibly) identical cars/ tech. Schumacher was consistently faster than his teammates in every seat he had. His aggression on track was no different from Senna or Hamilton or many others, IMO.

Kav1

Established Member
As of today we built:

VIN #0392 Chassis #JR126
Black R Model

It is very slow in production since Oct.2, we have been getting sent home early almost everyday.
The week of the Oct. 23rd the plant closure due to no sync3 systems.

When UAW members feels the pinch next in line are the Dealer and we know what that means; Incentives.

I will find out soon when last day for 350/R production for winter hiatus, when it will resume and how many units for ‘18MY

-Gotti

Thank you Gotti.

This is very helpful.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I don't get it. If they're slowing/pausing production, how does that lead to dealer incentives? Low supply means ADMs will be going [back] up.

CO Mack

Established Member
I suspect the thought is the demand signal is not there so they’re stopping production. It could mean either...

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
i get what you guys are saying, but they're popping up for MSRP or slightly over quite often now. seems there's a lead about every other day in the facebook group. i would've thought with the stop in production they'd skyrocketed again

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
i get what you guys are saying, but they're popping up for MSRP or slightly over quite often now. seems there's a lead about every other day in the facebook group. i would've thought with the stop in production they'd skyrocketed again

On an R?

Where? I'd like to get one.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
On an R?

Where? I'd like to get one.
GT350 owners facebook group...black one listed yesterday at 75k and says "but will take offers"...guessing you can get that juuuust over MSRP

Users who are viewing this thread